The Student Room Group

Studying medicine in Europe 2014/15

Hi, I have studied medicine in UK for two years and I am looking to apply as a transfer student to European medical schools. So far I have applied in Hungary, Bulgaria and Malta.
I have applied through outreach in Bulgaria and through an agent in Hungary, only university of Malta's website was good enough and straight forward so I applied there directly.
I have not heard about my application outcome yet. The wait is really overwhelming and consuming, i was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat and want to share their experiences and any valuable information about studying medicine abroad.
I am also looking to apply in Romanian schools but have no information what so ever:confused:
Reply 1
Yeah same here, Im gonna be applying in the next week or so, are you a graduate? what were the universities that you applied for in Hungary and Bulgaria? If we both get a place Ill see you there!
Reply 2
Original post by Saadar
Yeah same here, Im gonna be applying in the next week or so, are you a graduate? what were the universities that you applied for in Hungary and Bulgaria? If we both get a place Ill see you there!

Debrecen and plovdiv
Reply 3
Original post by AleezaGill
Debrecen and plovdiv[/QUO
Are you applying directly or through any agency/representative??
Reply 4
[QUOTE="AleezaGill;46248553"]
Debrecen and plovdiv[/QUO
Are you applying directly or through any agency/representative??

Directly for malta, I wasnt aware of any agencies, for the others probably directly as well but I may have left it too late
Reply 5
i've already been given a conditional offer by plovdiv, im a biomed grad from uk, you should be fine
Reply 6
Do you have to study the language simultaneously with the course. I want to apply for medicine/dentistry hopefully and some universities in Europe, it's compulsory to study the language, is this the case? And do the universities mentioned teach dentistry. Thanks
Reply 7
Is the language diff
Reply 8
Is the language difficult to learn?
Reply 9
How did you apply directly? like don't you have to translate your certificates? how did you go about it all?
Reply 10
hey, i just applied for plovdiv as a biomedical science graduate aswell. i hope get a place how long did it take for you to hear? i cant see anything about accommodation on the net tho.
Reply 11
I applied towards the end of January, and I think it was the end of February that I heard back. I received a letter from Plovdiv, through email. The next step is now getting all the paper work sorted through the embassy and obtaining a letter from my GP saying I'm fit to study abroad. After that the offer becomes unconditional. Outreach said they would get the ball rolling on this at the end of March.

In terms of accommodation, I've just looked at prices of renting a place near the university/hospital. Prices range from about £100-£250 a month I'd say. There is also student accommodation provided by the university which is really cheap I hear, I'll take a look at it all after I get all the paper work sorted.
Reply 12
Original post by Iftikhar19
I applied towards the end of January, and I think it was the end of February that I heard back. I received a letter from Plovdiv, through email. The next step is now getting all the paper work sorted through the embassy and obtaining a letter from my GP saying I'm fit to study abroad. After that the offer becomes unconditional. Outreach said they would get the ball rolling on this at the end of March.

In terms of accommodation, I've just looked at prices of renting a place near the university/hospital. Prices range from about £100-£250 a month I'd say. There is also student accommodation provided by the university which is really cheap I hear, I'll take a look at it all after I get all the paper work sorted.

Hi,

I am a Biomed graduate too and I've received the conditional offer letter from Plovdiv.

Have you started getting your paperwork sorted yet and do you know how much it would cost? Also, I was checking the University's location. It seems like there are no direct flights from London to Plovdiv. It would be really difficult visiting home. Not sure if it's practical for a 6 year degree :confused:
Reply 13
Hi, I have studied medicine in UK for two years and I am looking to apply as a transfer student to European medical schools. So far I have applied in Hungary, Bulgaria and Malta.
I have applied through outreach in Bulgaria and through an agent in Hungary, only university of Malta's website was good enough and straight forward so I applied there directly.
I have not heard about my application outcome yet. The wait is really overwhelming and consuming, i was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat and want to share their experiences and any valuable information about studying medicine abroad.
I am also looking to apply in Romanian schools but have no information what so ever:confused:

Are you out of your mind? Transferring from the UK to a 2nd world country like the Eastern EU?

You sound more like an advertising implant from one of the ad agencies these schools hire because thats they only way they can recruit students.

You might find this thread useful - it's pretty much on the same topic of studying med in the EU:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1919164
Reply 15
Cheers xx
Reply 16
Hello everyone, I'm a uk biomed gradute, thinking to apply at plovdiv uni. Did you all apply directly or through agency? Agency charging £2000. So, can you guys help me in terms of applying directly please? Hope to hear from you guys. Thanks :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
do they do the course in english there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending