The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Entry language test mistake

Dear Friends:

I'm a newbie here and this is my first ever post/comment.
I have a dilemma and I want to share it with you to get insights from you.
I applied to the university of Southampton for Msc. System on Chip.
I've been eyeing this program since I finished my last term in June 2013.
Typically, as an international student I look for information in the program webpage and the prospectus for PG 2014
I did that and I've collected information about the entry requirement and one of them is , with no surprise, The English language minimum score.

The university mentioned TOEFL 580 score clearly on their webpage and prospectus. So I took it upon me to study for My TOEFL PBT test that i registered for On oct. 2013.
As a Syrian, unfortunately I don't have any of the other English language tests that you are familiar with(IELTS, TOEFL IBT).

in the end of November I received my TOEFL score which was 593/5.0.(relieved...!)
With listed information on the university's website, I wasted no time to apply on Dec.
Suddenly, After two days of submitting my application, the university started changing their information. They've changed the score of 580 to IBT 92. But they didn't change it in the prospectus document, because it simply going to cost more time than manipulating a simple test in a php code.

After one month of submitting my application, I unfortunately received a conditional offer and the condition was to do the TOEFL IBT .

I was surprised and didn't even expect that in any way taking into consideration I've completely studied their requirements.

I would like to hear your thoughts on this issue....

Do you think that because I'm Syrian, I got rejected !??!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Basharaba

Do you think that because I'm Syrian, I got rejected !??!

A conditional offer is dependent on results. Most people won't get an unconditional offer unless they already have achieved the required grades for the course. If you are still doing your subjects and haven't finished them, then you will (usually) get a conditional. In regards to your question, no: you weren't rejected, and, even if you were, it would have been based on your application, not your nationality.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending