Why is royal mail stealing peoples mail ??

Watch
Coffinman
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I would have thought it was so they could drive the price down for the sell of Royal Mail to their rich mates but it's still continuing.

It has been made worse by royal mail inventing new rules on what they claim can and cannot be sent but they seem to be abused to allow royal mail workers to steal their mail. It also looks like they're semi protected by law allowing them to do this without being punished properly.

Is this due to opportunistic or passive aggressive posties annoyed at the sell off or is it something more?
Here are a few examples of what's happening.
Bicycle parts taken.
http://singletrackworld.com/forum/to...-my-rear-shock

Taken airguns and toy guns
http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums...f-august-2013/
JamesGibson
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The Royal Mail has essentially got a monopoly based on their brand now, which means despite being a private profit-hungry firm they can still reap the benefits of being known as a publicly owned industry. I'm definitely expecting more stories like this in the future, especially when looking at how customers started being treated after privatisation of energy, telecoms ect...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (221)
43.68%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.71%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (107)
21.15%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.87%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.34%

Watched Threads