The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Student Nurses 2015

Hiya,
I have been offered (and accepted) a place to study Nursing at BCU Jan 2015.
Is anybody else going to be joining the course at this time? Would be nice to know a few people before starting.

Alice :smile: x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by aliceroberts16
Hiya,
Is anybody else going to be joining the course at this time? Would be nice to know a few people before starting.

Congratulations!!! Why have you been offered a place for January 2015, did you apply for then or did you apply for September 2014? Also how many days did you wait for your offer? I had my interview on Friday 28th if feb for adult nursing at bcu but still waiting for reply. Im starting to think Im unsuccessful :frown: Congrats again!! Louise :smile: x
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hiya,

OMG!! Me too!! I got an unconditional offer for jan 2015!! I really cannot wait! Im growing impatient to start now! Are you getting accommodation in Birmingham? :smile:

Payal x
Reply 3
Congratulations to everyone who got offers from BCU.
I need some help for the next term. I did apply and unsuccessful from my all 5 choices. I am a mature student and do not have any background of Health Care profession.
I think main problem is my personal statement and reference.
Can you please help me how to process my application for next term.

I shall look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by shepkpk
Congratulations to everyone who got offers from BCU.
I need some help for the next term. I did apply and unsuccessful from my all 5 choices. I am a mature student and do not have any background of Health Care profession.
I think main problem is my personal statement and reference.
Can you please help me how to process my application for next term.

I shall look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, personally I tried to sell my work experiences and what I picked up from them that would be ideal for children's nursing in my personal statement and interview! You need to be aware of the 6 c's needed to be a nurse which is communication, confidence, compassion, commitment, courage and competency! Hope that has helped a little x
Reply 5
Hi,
Thank you very much for your advice. But I don't get what do you mean? Can you please explain me.

Regards
Reply 6
Original post by shepkpk
Hi,
Thank you very much for your advice. But I don't get what do you mean? Can you please explain me.

Regards

I mean have you had any previous experience in nursing or working with children? If you have out that in your statement! Also, explain what you learned from working there! :smile: x
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
I just did a short course of INTRODUCTION TO HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE and did two weeks work placement at Adult Day Care Centre. I did mention in my personal statement about both.
Reply 8
Original post by shepkpk
I just did a short course of INTRODUCTION TO HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE and did two weeks work placement at Adult Day Care Centre. I did mention in my personal statement about both.

I think you'll be wise to do an access course first and try to do some voluntary work somewhere, theses courses are so hard to get onto, universities can pick and choose who they want so the more experience and recent education you have the better. Good luck :smile:
Reply 9
Yes, you are absolutely right. I am thinking to do same.
Thank you very much for your advice.

Regards
Hiya,

Hey I'm Georgina,
I have just accepted a place on the mental health nursing degree at BCU. Does anyone know anything about accommodation there ?
Original post by Potty123
OMG!! Me too!! I got an unconditional offer for jan 2015!! I really cannot wait! Im growing impatient to start now! Are you getting accommodation in Birmingham? :smile:

Payal x

Hi Payal
Have you already started looking for accommodation ?
I'm going to be doing mental health nursing, I'm a mature student and I don't fancy living in halls so I am going to be looking for somewhere to live. Any suggestions will be most welcome
Thanks
Georgina
Reply 12
Original post by GigiJenkins1983
Hey I'm Georgina,
I have just accepted a place on the mental health nursing degree at BCU. Does anyone know anything about accommodation there ?

Hey yes, there is the uni halls which is closest to the campus called City South halls. Also, down the road a 15/20 minute walk away from the south campus is clv (opal) halls that a lot of health students stay as they have first priority to stay as well! You can google these or have a look on the bcu website. Although, unfortunately for me I'm looking for a studio flat so I'm looking at private halls! It all depends on what kind of accommodation you want and if you want shares, near it or your own studio haha! Sorry about the long message, hope it was helpful!! :smile: x
Reply 13
Hi Payal
Have you already started looking for accommodation ?
I'm going to be doing mental health nursing, I'm a mature student and I don't fancy living in halls so I am going to be looking for somewhere to live. Any suggestions will be most welcome
Thanks
Georgina

Haha, only for your message to me! Yes! I have! Me too! I dont want halls I'm looking into private! Although,they are pricey 'greenfield crescent' has one studio flat left which is really nice! I went to have a look but its pricey as its £149 pw.
Yes thank you, I'm nearly 31. I'm going to be honest lol I don't think I would last five minutes in halls !! I could keep up with the drinking but not with the mess ! Think I'm going to private share, I was hoping that I could meet some other students of a similar age range to share with because I don't think my bursary will stretch to a studio flat. Thanks for the reply though x
Haha, only for your message to me! Yes! I have! Me too! I dont want halls I'm looking into private! Although,they are pricey 'greenfield crescent' has one studio flat left which is really nice! I went to have a look but its pricey as its £149 pw.

LOL I'm sorry I didnt see your last msg before I sent mine, I hadn't realised that I sent you a msg anyway ! Crikey its a wonder I get through the day let alone a 3 yr degree lol. Would you want to swap emails or facebook ? It would be great to chat more xx
Reply 16
LOL I'm sorry I didnt see your last msg before I sent mine, I hadn't realised that I sent you a msg anyway ! Crikey its a wonder I get through the day let alone a 3 yr degree lol. Would you want to swap emails or facebook ? It would be great to chat more xx

Haha! I did the same! Sure, you can add me on Facebook! My facebook name is Payal Dattani :biggrin:
Haha! I did the same! Sure, you can add me on Facebook! My facebook name is Payal Dattani :biggrin:

Looking for you on facebook, what is your profile pic of because there are a few people with your name xx
Reply 18
Looking for you on facebook, what is your profile pic of because there are a few people with your name xx

Haha, didn't know my name was common :tongue: Two girls in the pic I'm in a shimmery skirt the other in a denim jacket and red bottoms hun x
Haha, didn't know my name was common :tongue: Two girls in the pic I'm in a shimmery skirt the other in a denim jacket and red bottoms hun x

Lol I found you but it won't let me add you as a friend, just says follow feed ??!! I have to confess technology isn't my strong point lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending