OCR GCSE LATIN LANGUAGE (Driving me MAAAAAAAADDDDD!!!!) Watch

Dabossi89
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
HI guys, urmm I am doing GCSE latin (as you can see from the title) Could anyone help me by telling me the exact grammar required to ACE the translation section in paper 1 and 2. Maybe someone who got an A* can say what kind of things they did to get it (translation-wise)

Cantthinkofnames
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dabossi89)
HI guys, urmm I am doing GCSE latin (as you can see from the title) Could anyone help me by telling me the exact grammar required to ACE the translation section in paper 1 and 2. Maybe someone who got an A* can say what kind of things they did to get it (translation-wise)

OK, this is by no means a definitive list (you can find it if you wish to waste half an hour looking through the specification) but here's what I remember:

Present,Perfect,Imperfect,Pluper fect,Future indicative tenses (indicative just basically means it's a "normal" tense)
Imperfect + Pluperfect subjunctives
Future,Imperfect,Pluperfect,Perf ect and Present passives
Present, Future, Perfect Active and Perfect Passive participles
Deponent and Semi deponent verbs
numbers (1-10 and 100)
Ablative absolutes
Accusative infinitives (aka Indirect statements)
And a lot of stuff with ut and ne (including purpose clauses, indirect commands, etc.)

As you can see, it's not brilliant, so here's a link to the specification (now that I know I've wasted 10 mins :confused::

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/71418-specification.pdf
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (98)
13.05%
1 (94)
12.52%
2 (94)
12.52%
19.31%
22.5%
20.11%

Watched Threads