can you help me with this novel I'm writing?

Watch
azkarthur
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
so this novel is about a kingdom long ago, and there is a senate that decides most important decisions for the king to consider.
and there is this prince too, that understands a lot about important political stuff and... well, stuff. what I'm asking is, can a prince be a member of the senate?
and if a kingdom arrange a diplomatic visit to another kingdom, who do they send? the king? prince? a member of the senate?

and will it be appropriate for a king or a prince to lead a war?
Plainview
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Probably not, but he and the king can work with the senate as two different branches of power, eg. legislative and executive.
An envoy or ambassador.
Yes.
ManifoldManifest
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's your made up world, it can function in absolutely any way it needs to in order for your plot to work. Your plot needs a prince on the senate? Then senates allow royal members. You need a particular person to be sent on a diplomatic mission? Then that's who they send.
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by azkarthur)
so this novel is about a kingdom long ago, and there is a senate that decides most important decisions for the king to consider.
and there is this prince too, that understands a lot about important political stuff and... well, stuff. what I'm asking is, can a prince be a member of the senate?
and if a kingdom arrange a diplomatic visit to another kingdom, who do they send? the king? prince? a member of the senate?

and will it be appropriate for a king or a prince to lead a war?
It's your book so you can make up whatever rules you want! I see no reason why your prince couldn't be a member of a senate.

If a Kingdom arranges a diplomatic visit, I don't think it would be the King who goes unless it's really important. I would assume it would be a minor member of the royal family or some kind of a diplomat.

And yes, in a medieval society I would assume that the King (or prince maybe) would preside over the war.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (700)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (881)
42.66%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
18.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.46%

Watched Threads