Psychology assignment - Please help, im getting rather confused !

Watch
hlehane1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
i have been given as assignment to do regarding the key concepts of the biological approach in psychology, i wrote what i thought was an excellent paper. however, my tutor referred it as i only mentioned the medical model. what i need to do now is add in some things about the nativist and also the physiological approach.

is there any key differences between the 3 of them ? or am i able to cluster them altogether ?

thank you in advance for any help offered.
racheyroo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think the difference is that the nativist model would be things like genetics, behaviours that are hard wired into our brains from birth
the physiological difference is things like differences in brain structure and brain abnormalities etc
then the medical model i believe would be things like neurotransmitters

i think they do all clump together as the biological approach, but there's three different subareas if that makes sense, so to fully describe the biological approach you should try and include all three at least briefly

thats what they are as far as i'm aware, however i havent done biological psychology for a year now so might not be 100%

hope that helps sort of
hlehane1
Rep:
?
that does help and make sense, thank you so much at least now i know i haven't got to completely rewrite my paper,, i can just tweak it in places to make it all fit
racheyroo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
glad it helps yeah if your tutor said your medical part was good, then just add in a bit on the nativist and physiological into it and it should be all good
hlehane1
Rep:
?
:-) thanks again

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (51)
18.28%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (78)
27.96%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (103)
36.92%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (37)
13.26%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.58%

Watched Threads