The Student Room Group

How to relieve pain after bunion surgery

Hey everyone

I had bunion surgery (scarf oestinory or s/t) on Friday, and I'm trying to find ways to help relieve pain. I'm currently on 600mg of ibuprofen and 1000mg of paracetamol every 4 hours, and I have it elevated and occasionally have ice when it's really bad.

Any more suggestions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Shorty94
Hey everyone

I had bunion surgery (scarf oestinory or s/t) on Friday, and I'm trying to find ways to help relieve pain. I'm currently on 600mg of ibuprofen and 1000mg of paracetamol every 4 hours, and I have it elevated and occasionally have ice when it's really bad.

Any more suggestions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a scarf osteotomy :smile:

If you're still struggling with pain potentially you could change the paracetamol for co-codamol. Why not try having a chat with your local pharmacist to see what they suggest?
Reply 2
Your pharmacist will be able to offer you other things. Your doctor will also be able to prescribe you certain medications if it's really bad.

You can also look into kratom - completely legal, much safer than what your doctor might give you and it will help but since you need it now and good kratom usually has to be imported, it might only get here by the time it's all over!

I don't know any specifics of bunion surgery but if skin level inflammation/swelling is an issue tea tree oil will help.
Reply 3
Co-codamol makes me sick so I can't take that :frown:

Thank you, I'll look into it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest