The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Well I got nothing from UCL and it's been a few weeks...

an open day invitation sounds more like an offer than no news..............
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Lord Frieza
Well I got nothing from UCL and it's been a few weeks...

an open day invitation sounds more like an offer than no news..............

What have you applied for? And maybe I just applied before you, a lot of people in my year haven't heard anything from UCL yet.
Original post by X_niki
What have you applied for? And maybe I just applied before you, a lot of people in my year haven't heard anything from UCL yet.

Physics, and I applied on the 14th of Jan.

Ugh I dunno, but congrats on gettin an invitation. They musta' loved your academic profile!
Reply 4
Original post by Lord Frieza
Physics, and I applied on the 14th of Jan.

Ugh I dunno, but congrats on gettin an invitation. They musta' loved your academic profile!

Ah see, I applied mid October, the 23rd I think, that's probably why you haven't heard yet, I've heard that UCL are taking ages this year, that's why hardly anyone's heard anything yet. And aw thank you, I'm just not sure if this Open day thing is an interview or not :')
Original post by X_niki
I got an Open Day invitation for Computer Science, on the 19th February, and I was wondering if it's an offer? Some people have said that a UCL open day is basically an offer, so I was wondering if that was true, or if I could still be rejected after going to this Open Day?

Hey,

I'm a second year at UCL doing CS, and I did tours/helped out on the open days last year. I believe the policy very much is that if you do get an invitation to an open day, you get an offer. I've been told as much by staff even though it's not an official policy, and as I believe they've removed interviews now (our year was the last to have these), it would make sense as they don't particularly test you for anything during the open days.

Nonetheless there could be a slight chance they don't give you an offer, but it's very unlikely, and if that case did present itself you'd probably have a leg to stand on by contacting them and asking why.
It's basically an offer. Everyone I met at the open day was given an offer.
Reply 7
Original post by AndroidLight
Hey,

I'm a second year at UCL doing CS, and I did tours/helped out on the open days last year. I believe the policy very much is that if you do get an invitation to an open day, you get an offer. I've been told as much by staff even though it's not an official policy, and as I believe they've removed interviews now (our year was the last to have these), it would make sense as they don't particularly test you for anything during the open days.

Nonetheless there could be a slight chance they don't give you an offer, but it's very unlikely, and if that case did present itself you'd probably have a leg to stand on by contacting them and asking why.

you think this is generally true or only for CS, i have one for physics.
Yeah, I went to an open day at the Archaeology department and at the end of the day they told everyone there that we all had offers.
Reply 9
It counts as an offer for psych, and it seems from above it's the same for many departments.
Im wondering about the same thing

Latest

Trending

Trending