2nd year house and other friend

Watch
Mocking_bird
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Ok, need some advice as i'm not sure if i'm in the wrong here or not.

Basically, we have a house for 2nd year and the tenancy starts end of june, one of our friends (who won't be living there 2nd year as he's going abroad for the year) wants to live in the house from end of june june till september (long story but basically he can't live at home and would otherwise be living at his aunts house).

But my other friends were saying he'll just have his share in bills and not bother with the rent; but thats really got on my nerves a bit. He'll be there for 2 months or so and we're already going to be paying for the rent and we won't even be there, whereas he'll be there living for free essentially.

Is that right? I mean, surely he wouldnt even be allowed to stay there anyway as it says on the contract for no long term guests or something to that effect.
username47781
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Moved to Friends, Family and Work
desdemonata
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So wait, will he have signed a tenancy contract? Or does he plan to use your house while you're not there/before term starts?
spocckka
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just let him stay... it won't cost you anything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (173)
14.56%
I'm not sure (54)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (347)
29.21%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.95%
I'm not a current university student (579)
48.74%

Watched Threads