DianaLucrezia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
My teacher just set this essay but gave us no clue on how to plan it or what to write about/include. Please help!

The essay is made up of two part, first part:

Delia has heard somewhere that the number of horror films watched may be linked to the number of frightening dreams that people have. She has decided to carry out a correlational study to investigate this. Describe how Delia might carry out her correlational study.

second part:

And describe 2 strengths and weaknesses of using a correlational design in psychological research.

both are worth 6 marks individually.

please and thank yous.
savoir-faire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Strengths: allows for simple observation of variables, valuable in situations where it would be difficult to directly manipulate a variable

Weaknesses: correlation doesn't prove causation, doesn't account for confounding variables

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (738)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (928)
42.69%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (413)
19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.37%

Watched Threads