The Student Room Group

'Catfish' - European Style!

Hello everyone :smile:

Me and my friend are studying post-colonial gender, race and ethnicity within technobodies and cyberspace, put simply, we look at peoples relationships in the contexts of the internet, more specifically social media.

The plan is to make a show, similar to the popular MTV show 'Catfish'. This is where we find an individual who is in an online relationship or is pursuing someone online, but haven't exactly met. The more conspicuous the relationship is, the better. Following this, we would travel to your location, use various technology to investigate, track down and arrange a meeting with the opposite person. All of this would be in turn for the couple to meet. This would be filmed and used as a Master's Thesis project. A copy of the professionals filmed and edited show would be available for free.

We are looking for someone who is based in Europe, as we are students based in Utrecht University, The Netherlands. A fee and rumination is to be discussed upon application and declaration of interest. Privacy and boundaries are also to be discussed.

If you are interested, have a friend who is interested or know of anybody that is in an online relationship, or have any questions, please contact me on:

e-mail: [email protected]
Twitter: @LewysEvans
Facebook: Facebook.com/lewystheowynevans

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending