Amnesia180uk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi All,

I'm 26 years old and looking to gain 2 x A Levels in the next couple of years. Unfortunately, I should have done this 9 years ago...

I am interested in IT related A Levels (for my job) and will have to have the ability to do them online/distance learning. However, I have been looking on all of the major A Level websites and none of them list any IT related A Levels.

Any advice on which websites offer IT A Levels would be very helpful.

Many thanks,
Pixsoul
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Most of the distance learning providers have reseller agreements, so even if you find two distance learning providers offering the course - the chances are, they are the same course but one is just reselling it.

As far as I am aware, none of the 'main' distance learning providers offer A Level ICT / Computing.

I think your best chances would be to see if your local college offer it on a part-time / evening basis and studying with them.

Alternatively, if you think you would be able to learn by yourself, through the use of books etc. you could simply teach yourself and take the exams / coursework as an external candidate. You would need to pay any fees associated with this (which can vary from centre to centre). If this is something you might consider doing, you can contact the exam boards for a list of centres who will take external candidates - AQA used to publish a list on their website.

Good luck.
thatitootoo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have you thought of doing a BTEC in IT?
The only IT-related A-levels I can think of are, Computing and ICT (applied)
Amnesia180uk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thanks all for the replies.

The reason I need A Levels (rather than a BTEC) is because Army Officer selection only accept A Levels (not BTECs). The A Levels could be in anything, but I have a keen interest in computing and wanted to learn something I have an interest in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (181)
58.77%
I don't have everything I need (127)
41.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise