The Student Room Group

Leaving Nursing degree….

Sometimes the best advice comes from people you don't know.

I'am in a pickle.
i don't want to drop out of uni twice but right now i'am unhappy where aim studying.
I'am studying nursing, i first did it when i was 18 but i was immature & completely not ready it at all and at that point i didn't know if that is what i really wanted to do.
After 5years of bumming around i knew that being a nurse i was what i want. So i went back to college, studied an access course and am now studying at a uni away from home however i'am so unhappy with it.
The course layout is awful, i feel like i haven't really learnt anything useful and we were chucked out into placement after 5weeks of being on the course without being taught anything useful for us on the ward.

I'am so unhappy being away from home, i miss my family, i miss friends and since moving away things haven't been good at all.
My relationship ended, i haven't made many friends needless to say this isn't what i expected from uni at all.
yes i'am studying nursing so its harder than other courses.

But i really don't feel like i'am benefiting from being here, i enjoy my placement, i have a great mentor who has done so much for me but as soon as i get back to me room, i cry & i can't stop crying.

however i don't want to have the fact that i have left nursing twice but it isn't because i don't want to do it, its because I'm unhappy being away from home, the place i live in is awful, the course is terrible and i literally feel like i'm not getting anything from it.

I really just don't know what to do.
Maybe look into transferring to a university closer to home if you think that would help, i know it's a hassle with the way everything works but if you are committed to the course and don't want to leave ask your personal tutor and the course lead about changing unis. The course its self can seem badly planned...not everything we did was planned that well at all, we had a few issues with admin and where different aspects were taught as some of us had done things on the wards that we hadn't learnt yet and when we arrived on the ward they were all like 'why haven't you learned this yet etc etc'
Reply 2
Are you shy since you have not met new people?

Reply 3
I haven't said iv NOT meant anyone. Iv made a few.
Reply 4
Stick with it. If you drop out you've wasted 5-7 years of your life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending