thermal decomposition of NH4NO2

Watch this thread
RRC
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
i have a problem with collection of the products.the task is to collect water vapour and N2O gas seperately when the solid is heated upto 110c.what i dont get is how do we collect the N2O?
we can condense the water vapour but isnt N2O soluble so wont it dissolve in h2O?
Borek
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Some will dissolve, but not much. Typically we assume amount dissolved is negligible.
RRC
Rep:
so is this setup alright
a delivery tube going out of a boiling tube with the nitrate.
attach a liebig condenser to the delivery tube so that the water vapour condenses and this leads into a beaker.another delivery tube from the beaker carries N2O into a gas syringe
its just a rough version but is it okay?
Borek
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
One problem I see is that the temperature of the gas in such a setup is highly variable, so you would need some tricks to make sure you measure it at STP. But it can be doable.
RRC
Rep:
okay thankyou soo much for the help really appreciate it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (109)
68.13%
No (33)
20.63%
I didn't use it to prepare (18)
11.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed