cosmetics -dangers of animal testing UK ban Watch

Carol R. Lawson
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm personally concerned by and AGAINST the recent ban (UK only) on using animals in scientific research/testing for new cosmetic products!

Ive seen girls have bad effects from skin creams, moisturisers, eyeliner, blusher etc when it reacted with their skin sensitivities and made them sore and red for period.

I used a cleanser that made my face flush red for an hour before it faded!

There's always risks from allergies, over-sensitivity, reactions, accidental mis-use of all cosmetic products. So shouldn't we campaign to get the ban lifted as soon as possible!?!
ihatebrownbread
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No.
Carol R. Lawson
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Carol R. Lawson)
I'm personally concerned by and AGAINST the recent ban (UK only) on using animals in scientific research/testing for new cosmetic products!

Ive seen girls have bad effects from skin creams, moisturisers, eyeliner, blusher etc when it reacted with their skin sensitivities and made them sore and red for period.

I used a cleanser that made my face flush red for an hour before it faded!

There's always risks from allergies, over-sensitivity, reactions, accidental mis-use of all cosmetic products. So shouldn't we campaign to get the ban lifted as soon as possible!?!
Any more views on this ticklish issue? Girls??
Heather11
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Carol R. Lawson)
Any more views on this ticklish issue? Girls??
I think it's pretty stupid to ban testing on cosmetics as the EU has done when it's clearly scientifically accepted that other products need to be safety tested on animals.

It's also scientifically accepted that animal testing can't ever be completely replaced so why stop it at all? For the sake of medicine and science give it full funding!!

Also seems sexist, irresponsible & very dangerous to rule that unsafe (untested) cosmetics are okay to market to females as if it doesn't matter if a girl/woman has a negative reaction to one!!!!!

EVERY product should be FULLY safety tested by whatever means to ensure it's ready to market. You can't argue against that or you are against female health and safety!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (127)
19.51%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (62)
9.52%
No I am happy with my course choice (368)
56.53%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (94)
14.44%

Watched Threads