Newman108
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am currently 18 and looking to gain weight plus muscle. I only weight 60kg and am fairly weak. This is giving me a serious disadvantage when playing football. I am looking to start to work out properly (3-4 times a week) and take protein shakes, however i do not want to overload on them. what protein should i take? i generally want muscle gain not too bothered about gaining loads of unnecessarily weight. Also how long until i see some results, lets say putting on three or four kilos, plus how often should i take shakes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Simsy96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I will be blunt in saying protein shakes are merely aid in growth as they are a good source of protein and are easier to take in than say chicken breasts, and always go for Whey protein. Make sure for mass you're doing 3 sets 8 reps (or more reps) with good form on all exercises and training all body parts. As for shakes, on a budget I would say MyProtein are great ( http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutr...FeKWtAodEzEAog), but lack the quality finish and little extras (E.g. BCAA's) like optimum nutrition (http://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/en/o...ld-2.2kg/16825). For mass, take one shake say after every workout, and aim for roughly double your bodyweight in grams of protein (so at 60kg aim for 120g of protein) in what you eat every day including the protein shakes. Don't just rely on protein shakes, also eat plenty of chicken breasts and steaks for a source of healthy protein. Notable changes will first appear as strength ones, but with time say a month or so of good eating (in a calorie surplus, so eat more than usual as you need the extra calories for growth) and hard training you will begin to notice size changes. It is a long road but I can assure you it is great seeing the results and feeling better for it.

Good Luck and always ask for more advice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (213)
52.85%
No (190)
47.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise