The Student Room Group

Aqa science book recommendations

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for good aqa science books or study guides. Can anyone also name any good websites or techniques that I can use to achieve good grades? Thanks
Reply 1
Books: search up "AQA Science Nelson Thornes" - It's written by the AQA examiners themselves and it covers every aspect of the specification in an easy and understandable way.

For revision, I would suggest you go on YouTube and search up, "MyGCSEScience".
He also covers the AQA specification, but in a simplistic way (I would use this as a last minute revision source; I would use the book for proper revision)

Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Thanks so much, do u know where to find previous past papers?
Reply 3
Original post by kricks
Thanks so much, do u know where to find previous past papers?

Yup, they're all on the AQA website:
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/gcse

Scroll right down to the bottom!
Original post by ps1265A
Books: search up "AQA Science Nelson Thornes" - It's written by the AQA examiners themselves and it covers every aspect of the specification in an easy and understandable way.

For revision, I would suggest you go on YouTube and search up, "MyGCSEScience".
He also covers the AQA specification, but in a simplistic way (I would use this as a last minute revision source; I would use the book for proper revision)

Hope this helps!

What grade have you achieved in Additional or Triple Science in order to say MyGCSEScience is simplistic?
Reply 5
Original post by Winading001
What grade have you achieved in Additional or Triple Science in order to say MyGCSEScience is simplistic?

A in Core Science, A* in Additional Science.

What I'm trying to say is that MyGCSEScience helps you understand the theory in a simple way. But if you were to get the marks in the exam, it's all about the explanation and specific vocabulary used in the AQA text book.
Reply 6
Original post by kricks
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for good aqa science books or study guides. Can anyone also name any good websites or techniques that I can use to achieve good grades? Thanks

The CGP textbooks are the best. (my personal opinion)There are really thick books with packed information that you need to know for your GCSE exams. I am using them at the moment and they are really good!!! There are 3 separate ones for each science and cost £18.99. I know it's quite expensive but they are worth it. .They also have practice questions at the end of each topic and exam style questions at the end of each sub unit. When you buy them, you will get a code which when you type into the cgp website, you will get an online version of the book to use on the computer.
hope this helps :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by missmay
The CGP textbooks are the best. (my personal opinion)There are really thick books with packed information that you need to know for your GCSE exams. I am using them at the moment and they are really good!!! There are 3 separate ones for each science and cost £18.99. I know it's quite expensive but they are worth it. .They also have practice questions at the end of each topic and exam style questions at the end of each sub unit. When you buy them, you will get a code which when you type into the cgp website, you will get an online version of the book to use on the computer.
hope this helps :smile:

I used CGP revision guide to revise for core science, now for additional science I am using collins revision guide as that's what my school has to offer but if I had a choice I would prefer CGP, as it is better at explaining information properly. I hope I helped! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Nelson Thornes revision book for the sciences are very good. They can be found on amazon.

Quick Reply

Latest