The Student Room Group

Celtic or Rangers?

I personally prefer Celtic, no idea why. Maybe because every pub near the Arseal is run by a Paddy? They have a vague element of the underdog and they hate Chelsea. Of course, they are the least racist, discriminating fans I know! I must be the only white man in Islington with no Irish blood!

Also I am halfe Dutch ORANGE protestant, lol
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Rangers.... Berwick Rangers.
I prefer Celtic.
Don't like either of them but if you were desperate for an answer then Rangers probably.
Reply 4
Rangers, Celtic remind of Liverpool and I can't stand that club.
Reply 5
Rangers because i'm British.
Reply 6
Any English person supporting Celtic is very, very odd.

Cue various videos of supporters from both sides doing something sectarian or racist and StiffLittleFingers sitting with his thesaurus open at 'scum'.
(edited 10 years ago)
Neither, but if I had to pick one probably Celtic. Rangers seem to be a very badly run club, I don't understand why they need a wage bill of £7m when they are playing park football against part time shelf stackers, postmen etc.
Celtic.

Just because I am Irish.
Original post by pane123
Any English person supporting Celtic is very, very odd.

Cue various videos of supporters from both sides doing something sectarian or racist and StiffLittleFingers sitting with his thesaurus open at 'scum'.

My thoughts exactly. Their Irish and pseudo Irish :biggrin:
None, the supporters of both teams are a bunch of mugs
Reply 11
Original post by Wilfred Little
My thoughts exactly. Their Irish and pseudo Irish :biggrin:

Obviously there are sections of the Rangers support who sing about the UVF etc, but I was truly taken aback at the number of Celtic fans who sing 'oo, ah, up the RA".

Imagine a club with a Muslim background singing songs in support of Al Qaeda. There are wrongs on both sides of the Old Firm, but I am not going to become an apologist: Celtic fans are much, much worse.

My support of Rangers has dwindled over the years and I have come to realise that I dislike Celtic far more than I like Rangers.
Reply 12
Rangers.
I hope neither of them are ever let into the Premier league, because they'll bring their sectarianism down here and everyone will join in with it.
Reply 14
Celtic
Reply 15
I have no truck with Irish Nationalism etc, but I have to say - there is no Rangers anymore. Celtic might have done their fair share of bad stuff, but compared to Rangers/Sevco, they are amateurs.
Reply 16
Original post by DavidSilvaMCFC
I hope neither of them are ever let into the Premier league, because they'll bring their sectarianism down here and everyone will join in with it.

The only thing we'd bring down there is an atmosphere, the atmosphere in every premier league stadium is piss poor

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zRydo
The only thing we'd bring down there is an atmosphere, the atmosphere in every premier league stadium is piss poor

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're not too wrong on this point, but rather a quiet atmosphere than an atmosphere of classic anthem lyrics like "**** the pope and the vatican" "the famine is over, why don't you go home", "up the IRA" and booing on rememberence day etc etc
Reply 18
Original post by Clip
I have no truck with Irish Nationalism etc, but I have to say - there is no Rangers anymore. Celtic might have done their fair share of bad stuff, but compared to Rangers/Sevco, they are amateurs.

Eh? There is a Rangers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Soft spot for Celtic because Stiliyan Petrov played for them.

Quick Reply