Celtic or Rangers? Watch

sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DavidSilvaMCFC)
I hope neither of them are ever let into the Premier league, because they'll bring their sectarianism down here and everyone will join in with it.
I've always found it hilarious how a good number of Scots don't want to be a part of the UK, yet they'll happily join our league. Double standards much?

It would set such a dangerous precedent as well. Sporting, Porto and Benfica would want to join La Liga, Ajax and Basel would want to join the Bundesliga, Kiev and Shakhtar the Russian league... you get the point.
uktotalgamer
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Couldn't care less. Scottish football is an absolute farce.
bigdickins
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
rangers

celtic just annoy me and think they are one of the biggest clubs ever whem they are not, fans are also overrated.
Sir Killalot
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd say Celtic.
Best fans I've seen at Carrow Road.
RG.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Clip)
I have no truck with Irish Nationalism etc, but I have to say - there is no Rangers anymore. Celtic might have done their fair share of bad stuff, but compared to Rangers/Sevco, they are amateurs.
You're an idiot

Then again, I'd rather support a team that wasn't affiliated with the cover up of years of child abuse - I'm weird that way.

If you were right, and there was no 'Rangers' anymore, surely it was better for them to have died with their history, than to live with Celtic's?
pane123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
I've always found it hilarious how a good number of Scots don't want to be a part of the UK, yet they'll happily join our league. Double standards much?

It would set such a dangerous precedent as well. Sporting, Porto and Benfica would want to join La Liga, Ajax and Basel would want to join the Bundesliga, Kiev and Shakhtar the Russian league... you get the point.
Very few Rangers fans want to leave the UK and there is no chance of the Old Firm joining the Premier League.

Why do Swansea and Cardiff not set a dangerous precedent? I suspect you are talking nonsense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
pane123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
Soft spot for Celtic because Stiliyan Petrov played for them.
Villa fan I take it? Rangers gave you the blue in your strip.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by pane123)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I am a Villa fan.
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Mate RF posts in the Villa thread every day. You only just realised?
pane123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)

Mate RF posts in the Villa thread every day. You only just realised?
Haha, can't say I've been in that thread. I lived in Birmingham when I was very young and apparently Villa was the first team I supported.
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why do Swansea and Cardiff not set a dangerous precedent? I suspect you are talking nonsense.
How so? Wales did not have a professional league until 1992, the two clubs you mention had been playing their trade in the English footballing pyramid for the majority of the 20th century. A completely different situation from two teams wanting to leave a long established league due to lack of competition.
asr11
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Rangers.
pane123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
How so? Wales did not have a professional league until 1992, the two clubs you mention had been playing their trade in the English footballing pyramid for the majority of the 20th century. A completely different situation from two teams wanting to leave a long established league due to lack of competition.
Not that it will ever happen, but Rangers and Celtic joining the English league would be in no way similar to Basel or Ajax joining the Bundesliga. Or any of the other examples you gave.

AZ and Twente have won the Eredivisie in the last 5 years and Basel have only been dominant in the last 10 years. The Portuguese league is ranked 5th in Europe, the Dutch league 8th and the Ukranian league 9th. They all benefit from at least 2 Champions' League places and the teams you mentioned would probably prefer to stay where they are than move to a more competitive league.

Have any of these moves been suggested before? I've certainly never heard anything. The only similar thing I can think of was the possible formation of an Atlantic League.

The English league already has two Welsh teams in the Premier League, while Berwick Rangers play in the Scottish league system. Rangers and Celtic moving to the English leagues (they would never be granted direct entry to the Premier League) would not come close to setting a precedent for teams in other European leagues.

Anyway, all this is completely irrelevant, as Rangers will not be able to compete with Celtic for quite some time.
Gillybop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The Gers.
MrsMars
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Rangers ? Who rangers ?
The Bhoys all the way !
Four Queue
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Celtic, purely because of Henrik Larsson.
The Monk
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Rangers. Kind of unfair as I am a bear though.
inniz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Flame me if you will, but Celtic is the bigger club. European Cup is the decider IMO. And before Rangers get back in the SPL, Celtic may break their world record national leagues record (though I think Linfield did, can't remember).
inniz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sr90)

Scottish independence would kill this. Monaco is an exception, but then Monaco is just a city-state, it can't have its own league.
DaveSmith99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Celtic for the Irish connection, but I don't much care for Scottish football.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.75%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.06%
Terrified (370)
22.57%
Meh (151)
9.21%
Confused (36)
2.2%