Owed a lot of money and underpaid at my apprenticeship

Watch
SinicalDev
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,

So I've been at this company as a Web Development Apprentice since October 2012, on the 8th November 2013 I finished my Level 3, at the start of this month I started my Level 4 apprenticeship which entitles me to national minimum wage (not apprentice wage).

Technically between 8/11/13-1/1/14 I was not an apprentice which means I should have gotten that wage from then. This equates to around £500 being owed to me and I'm not sure as to what I should do.
CGI Student Team
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SinicalDev)
Hi,

So I've been at this company as a Web Development Apprentice since October 2012, on the 8th November 2013 I finished my Level 3, at the start of this month I started my Level 4 apprenticeship which entitles me to national minimum wage (not apprentice wage).

Technically between 8/11/13-1/1/14 I was not an apprentice which means I should have gotten that wage from then. This equates to around £500 being owed to me and I'm not sure as to what I should do.
I would definitely recommend having a chat with your manager, and perhaps contacting the HR Department/Team I hope this problem gets resolved

Good luck!

Thanks,

Maisie
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi,

Speak to the manager, hr department, whoever does the wages or whoever you think you need to speak to.
Keep hassling them until you get it sorted.
YouthOpps
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi,

In the first instance speak to your employer however if they don't resolve it then you ahve the right to report them via the helpline below.

Complaints for breaches of National Minimum Legislation are dealt with by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), and if you are an apprentice they'll fast track your case.

Pay and Work Rights Helpline
Enquiry form
Complaint form
Telephone: 0800 917 2368
Textphone: 0800 121 4042
Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm
Saturday, 9am to 1pm

Hope this is useful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.81%
Okay (109)
28.91%
A bit lacking (140)
37.14%
Not good at all (91)
24.14%

Watched Threads