The Student Room Group

Owed a lot of money and underpaid at my apprenticeship

Hi,

So I've been at this company as a Web Development Apprentice since October 2012, on the 8th November 2013 I finished my Level 3, at the start of this month I started my Level 4 apprenticeship which entitles me to national minimum wage (not apprentice wage).

Technically between 8/11/13-1/1/14 I was not an apprentice which means I should have gotten that wage from then. This equates to around £500 being owed to me and I'm not sure as to what I should do.
Original post by SinicalDev
Hi,

So I've been at this company as a Web Development Apprentice since October 2012, on the 8th November 2013 I finished my Level 3, at the start of this month I started my Level 4 apprenticeship which entitles me to national minimum wage (not apprentice wage).

Technically between 8/11/13-1/1/14 I was not an apprentice which means I should have gotten that wage from then. This equates to around £500 being owed to me and I'm not sure as to what I should do.

I would definitely recommend having a chat with your manager, and perhaps contacting the HR Department/Team :smile: I hope this problem gets resolved :biggrin:

Good luck!

Thanks,

Maisie
Hi,

Speak to the manager, hr department, whoever does the wages or whoever you think you need to speak to.
Keep hassling them until you get it sorted.
Reply 3
Hi,

In the first instance speak to your employer however if they don't resolve it then you ahve the right to report them via the helpline below.

Complaints for breaches of National Minimum Legislation are dealt with by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), and if you are an apprentice they'll fast track your case.

Pay and Work Rights Helpline
Enquiry form
Complaint form
Telephone: 0800 917 2368
Textphone: 0800 121 4042
Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm
Saturday, 9am to 1pm

Hope this is useful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending