Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Manchester - Politics & IR aab
Bristol - Politics & IR aaa
Sussex - IR aab/ a*bb
Kings - International Politics aaa

If you were to choose any of these which would you choose + place the 4 in order of preference.

I have offers from the first 3 and expect a Kings offer later. I've only been to Bristol s I'm planning on going to visit days + arranging visits. At the moment Manchester seems the most desirable, but I still need to check it out in real life (never been) and also it with Sussex is my lowest offer (AAB), so would be strange to make it my firm in a way.

my decision making for these choices were strength of department + how interesting the course was + largely from hearsay that Brighton, Manchester, London, Bristol are all attractive fun cities to be a student in.

But your opinions plz.
goonermk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by GrandMasterChe)
Sussex - IR aab/ a*bb

If you were to choose any of these which would you choose + place the 4 in order of preference.

I have offers from the first 3 and expect a Kings offer later. I've only been to Bristol s I'm planning on going to visit days + arranging visits. At the moment Manchester seems the most desirable, but I still need to check it out in real life (never been) and also it with Sussex is my lowest offer (AAB), so would be strange to make it my firm in a way.

my decision making for these choices were strength of department + how interesting the course was + largely from hearsay that Brighton, Manchester, London, Bristol are all attractive fun cities to be a student in.

But your opinions plz.
I have got offers from Manchester and Bristol waiting on KCL.

For me KCL > Bristol > Manchester

I prefer the feel and atmosphere of Manchester but Bristol is the superior University imo.

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...ngs?s=politics

worth checking I suppose.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Its even easier than that ... You've got 2 potential Firms, two potential Insurance. One choice from each pair.

I'd pick Bristol and Sussex - but you need to read this and make your own decision - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...urance_choices

Btw. you have MONTHS to make this decision.
dingo13
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by returnmigrant)
Its even easier than that ... You've got 2 potential Firms, two potential Insurance. One choice from each pair.

I'd pick Bristol and Sussex - but you need to read this and make your own decision - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...urance_choices

Btw. you have MONTHS to make this decision.
It does sound good when u put it like tht but If my first choice is Manchester or Sussex then I can't put them as insurance because then id have to deliberately try and get AAB which is not what I'm going todo

Yeah but nt good to leave to last minute, need to visit these places

Posted from TSR Mobile
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It does sound good when u put it like tht but If my first choice is Manchester or Sussex then I can't put them as insurance because then id have to deliberately try and get AAB which is not what I'm going todo

Yeah but nt good to leave to last minute, need to visit these places

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some confusion here... Say you pick either Manchester or Sussex as your firm (with AAB offers) and any other uni as your insurance (AAA or AAB). Whether you get AAA or AAB in your results is immaterial. You will have met the conditions of your firm and your insurance disappears.
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sussex - IR aab/ a*bb

But your opinions plz.
I'm a current (about to graduate :cry2:) Manchester politics student, and I'd definitely recommend Manchester. I honest can't imagine being happier anywhere else - it's a great place to live, lots to do, and as the department is quite large there's a vast variety of modules on offer too http://courses.humanities.manchester...?department=13

Not sure that I'd choose to live in London for uni - it's incredibly expensive, and after first year you tend to find that people disperse over London because no one can afford to live in central London, near the university. So, you tend to find that you lose the 'student village' effect that you'd get around Fallowfield (Manchester) or Clifton / Redland / Cotham in Bristol, or the equivalent in Brighton. Bristol is a great place to live though, and from what I've heard Brighton is too, as well as Manchester.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (35)
14.06%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.43%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (51)
20.48%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (37)
14.86%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (31)
12.45%
How can I be the best version of myself? (74)
29.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed