The Student Room Group

Eeek! Can't get rid of last year's application

So last year I applied for student finance, for Exeter. I didn't go, didn't sign any declarations, offer was withdrawn, yada yada.

This year, I'm trying to apply for a different university, but last year's finance application (and one from two years ago that I don't even remember applying for) is preventing me from doing so, saying that I have already applied for all years I'm entitled to, or something.

When I try to amend the finance details it gives me this:

Error 1: Your college or university has received part of your Tuition Fee Loan for this year of your course. You can no longer answer no to this question.

How can my college or university receive part of a loan I never declared for, for a course I never attended or even signed-up for. I got a conditional offer, didn't meet it, end of story (or so I thought)

Help would be appreciated, how do I cancel previous applications?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Give them a call, I applied too early and ended up applying for the wrong year once, a quick call to them sorted it out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
please let me know how you got on as did the same thing!
I'm leaving my current uni in may and starting a new one in september. I was told tofill in a paper application tho
Original post by amoo_h
So last year I applied for student finance, for Exeter. I didn't go, didn't sign any declarations, offer was withdrawn, yada yada.

This year, I'm trying to apply for a different university, but last year's finance application (and one from two years ago that I don't even remember applying for) is preventing me from doing so, saying that I have already applied for all years I'm entitled to, or something.

When I try to amend the finance details it gives me this:

How can my college or university receive part of a loan I never declared for, for a course I never attended or even signed-up for. I got a conditional offer, didn't meet it, end of story (or so I thought)

Help would be appreciated, how do I cancel previous applications?

Thanks!

I assume you followed the correct procedure and notified SFE you wouldn't be attending University?

If not, it was pretty foolish. You really need to get them to cancel this years application. It can take anything from 24 hours up to 4 weeks for it to be cancelled - only then can you re-apply as a new student.

Quick Reply

Latest