The Student Room Group

Anyone else feel the same?

Since I started doing my AS levels in September, I've been feeling really tired a lot of the time. I thought this was just because I wasn't eating properly as I was trying to control calories to lose weight, so I stopped doing that but still felt tired. In a month I sit my mock exams and in May I sit my real ones. I don't have enough hours in the day to revise all my subjects! I start at 5 and study til 8 when I physically can't do any more, with a 20 minute break for my tea...and I still don't feel like I'm doing enough. Coinciding with this, my tiredness has returned with a vengance, along with reduced appetite, crying spells, headaches, irritability, feelings of self-loathing and sadness. But the problem is, if I don't revise, I panic that I'm falling behind or feel guilty that I'm not revising. My mum kept me off college a few weeks ago for a day, to get me to clear my mind, but it only worked for a few hours and I almost had a panic attack before that.

The issue is, I can see how much my collegework is affecting my health, but I feel like I can't stop doing it, because I'm literally terrified of failing.

Does anyone else feel the same?
Original post by Anonymous
Since I started doing my AS levels in September, I've been feeling really tired a lot of the time. I thought this was just because I wasn't eating properly as I was trying to control calories to lose weight, so I stopped doing that but still felt tired. In a month I sit my mock exams and in May I sit my real ones. I don't have enough hours in the day to revise all my subjects! I start at 5 and study til 8 when I physically can't do any more, with a 20 minute break for my tea...and I still don't feel like I'm doing enough. Coinciding with this, my tiredness has returned with a vengance, along with reduced appetite, crying spells, headaches, irritability, feelings of self-loathing and sadness. But the problem is, if I don't revise, I panic that I'm falling behind or feel guilty that I'm not revising. My mum kept me off college a few weeks ago for a day, to get me to clear my mind, but it only worked for a few hours and I almost had a panic attack before that.

The issue is, I can see how much my collegework is affecting my health, but I feel like I can't stop doing it, because I'm literally terrified of failing.

Does anyone else feel the same?

I was exactly the same 2 years ago. I could only do 2 hours of revising a day I use to work evenings as well. I went to the exams and scrapped 4 C's.im currently doing a btec atm.
You sound exactly like me, i could have written that myself!!! You're definitely doing enough revision, that's aboout the amount i'm doing but i only started this week! I feel like there's so much t learn that i will never take it all in and do well when it gets to May! I'm also suffering from a lot of tiredness, i don't eat enough either so that's probably why i am so tired! My depression is slowly returning but i dont want to let it build up because i want to do as well as i possibly can with my exams. You've just got to think that there's still plenty of time to learn everything and not many others will have even started revising yet!! We'll both be fine and do amazingly in our exams! Message me if you want to talk! :smile:
Reply 3
Well then if you feel like you're not eating enough/the right stuff then you know what you need to change. Also try to split up your revision, when I was in AS I had free periods so I was able to split up my revision during the day so it wouldn't get tedious.
feel exactly the same its horrible cant manage anything right now
Talk to a doctor and then speak to one of your teachers and tell them you need help. It's their job to give you the extra support when you need it and by the sounds of it, you really need it. Whatever you do, make sure you don't go through this alone.

During my time in my sixth form I endured anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder, anxiety, severe depression, borderline personality disorder (very similar to bipolar but there's a bigger emphasis on emotions), and a manic episode (result of the BPD). I was stupid and didn't speak to my teacher (also a deputy head of sixth form) until my last term at sixth form -- when I was at the peak of my manic episode. I only told her about the depression and so she gave me as much help as possible. I really regret not telling her everything. If you decide to speak to your doctor/teachers, try not to skip out on major details.

Quick Reply

Latest