The Student Room Group

GCSE

I have undergone lots of work experience and I feel even more strongly about my decision to apply for dentistry later on this year! However I have just looked at the 'dentistry applicant stalking page 2014' and my GCSEs do not stand a chance. My teachers keep saying not to worry and focus on getting 4A's in my A-levels and a high UK-cat score but I feel seriously demotivated every time I think of my GCSEs. They are as follows:
English language: A*
Maths: A
Religion: A
Geography: A
ICT: A
Business Studies: A
Dual Award Science: AB
French: B
English Lit: B
Reply 1
Those grades aren't bad at all! It's not like you have a large number of B/C/D grades... Your teachers are right though; focus on your A levels now, get the A grades you need in AS, and prepare well for your UKCAT.
Reply 2
Those grades aren't bad :smile: just be sure to check the GCSE requirement before applying to that uni and try to avoid unis that emphasize a lot on GCSEs like birmingham and kings. (though a really good ukcat score can sometimes compensate for GCSE grades. ) Right now, getting As in AS, practicing the UKCAT and writing a gd ps should be your main focus :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest