The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Has anyone heard back from the University of York yet?

I've applied for Psychology at York, and am yet to hear back.

I sent my UCAS off in early December and have received offers from the University of Huddersfield, the University of Liverpool, the University of Sheffield, and the University of Nottingham.

If they were going to reject me, would they have already told me, or doesn't it work like that? If they were going to offer me a place, would they have already told me, or doesn't it work like that?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got an email off them asking me to attend an interview as well as some sort of opening day.
University of York
York
Don't worry, York was last to make me an offer a couple of years ago and I didn't hear til late March after my interview in December!
Hi, I received an invitation today from York for an interview, I'm an international student so could someone please help me by telling me how I would go about getting from Leeds airport to York University? Thanks for yer help!
Reply 4
You could get a bus from the airport to Leeds bus station and then there is a bus that goes from there to the university. Or the train from Leeds, then the bus from York station to the university.
Ugh I so agree with you it's driving me crazy!!

I'm guessing they're evaluating the other candidates against us and weighing who's got more potential or something.
I haven't heard yet either!
I've applied for Psychology in Education and sent my application off mid October!
Starting to get worried now :/
Reply 7
I've applied for adult nursing and still waiting to hear back from them..
Reply 8
I hear from York 2 days ago for interview for adult nursing. They take ages but get back eventually! =)
I'd advise people to both ring & email admissions & email department area too. That's what I have done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
They took the longest to reply to me as well this year. I applied in October and they gave me an offer in early January.

Just be patient and Good Luck:smile:
Reply 11
I applied in early november and only just heard back from them a few days ago! Don't panic, they're probably just still considering
[QUOTE="beck95;46357534"]I hear from York 2 days ago for interview for adult nursing. They take ages but get back eventually! =)[/QUOTE
When did you send your UCAS off? I'm waiting for a reply for Adult nursing at York you see, thanks :smile:
Reply 13
[QUOTE="EmilyLouise1993x;46373025"]
Original post by beck95
I hear from York 2 days ago for interview for adult nursing. They take ages but get back eventually! =)[/QUOTE
When did you send your UCAS off? I'm waiting for a reply for Adult nursing at York you see, thanks :smile:

I sent my Ucas at the end of November and they only got back with interview date for March a few days ago :smile:
[QUOTE="beck95;46373218"]
Original post by EmilyLouise1993x

I sent my Ucas at the end of November and they only got back with interview date for March a few days ago :smile:

Thank you! This has calmed my nerves a little bit, I only applied in December:smile: Hopefully ill get an interview soon! Good luck with yours x
Reply 15
[QUOTE="EmilyLouise1993x;46373272"]
Original post by beck95

Thank you! This has calmed my nerves a little bit, I only applied in December:smile: Hopefully ill get an interview soon! Good luck with yours x

Aw i'm sure you will! and thanks :smile: x
Yup! I heard back a good while ago. I hope you do too!
Ahh did you, that's great! Thank you😁
I applied in October, and had my offer by November/December!
Reply 19
Hey there :smile: Don't worry too much, I sent my application off in November and only heard back mid-February. If they were going to reject you straight away they would have done that already so just be patient :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest