The Student Room Group

Obsession with blond

I seem to be a bit obsess with blond. They are beautiful arent they!!

was on tube and cant stop staring at that blonde hair. I think she noticed i was perving at her. :perv:

is there a cure?

Scroll to see replies

Religion.
Don't worry mate, it's a phase many teenaged boys go through. You'll grow up one day and realise blonde hair is nothing special :wink:
Reply 3
It IS special to me :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I prefer blonde hair too, but it has to be very specific. Most shades of blonde are tacky and dyed, but that glittering, golden colour is just sublime, beats any other hair colour by a mile!

You mean natural blonde?

Most blonde hair ends up looking dyed as it grows through darker then lightens in the sun. So you get natural roots. Annoying because people assume you dye it!
Reply 5
Don't worry OP, some women also have this "obsession." :ninja:
I like blonde but only if the roots aren't showing. Some brunette celebrities did dye their hair blonde but it doesn't suit them :no:
Reply 7
Original post by SecretDuck
I like blonde but only if the roots aren't showing. Some brunette celebrities did dye their hair blonde but it doesn't suit them :no:

It always baffles me how celebs, with a ton of money and access to the best hairdressers, still aren't able to get the right shade when they dye their hair. Beyonce pulls off blonde pretty well, for example, but some dye jobs are really bad. :nope:
Original post by Alpha brah
It always baffles me how celebs, with a ton of money and access to the best hairdressers, still aren't able to get the right shade when they dye their hair. Beyonce pulls off blonde pretty well, for example, but some dye jobs are really bad. :nope:

Yeah, blonde Vanessa Hudgens doesn't look good. She dyed it specifically for a certain movie and she's not pretty in that movie.
Reply 9
Original post by SecretDuck
Yeah, blonde Vanessa Hudgens doesn't look good. She dyed it specifically for a certain movie and she's not pretty in that movie.

Often, it's not just about the shade you dye your hair, but how you adjust your make-up etc. as well to suit it. For example, Beyonce dyed her brows a bit lighter when she went blonde and her make-up is "softer" nowadays. That suits better than just changing your hair colour, else you look weird like you've just thrown on a wig but not altered anything else.

On topic tho... Blond guys :perv:
Reply 10
Examples of blonds that don't look natural?
Reply 11
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Not always, many natural blondes don't have that peng golden shine to it, but yeah I get what you mean with the darkening and then bleaching by the sun. The trick is to have a shade that's dark enough to not be obliterated during the holidays!

Mine goes white blonde in places in the sun. Then grows back dirty surfer blonde. I get asked if I want my roots doing when I go to the hairdressers sometimes :'(
I am blonde and don't understand the obsession if I'm honest, I much prefer dark hair or black hair but I guess it's a case of liking what you haven't got. :rolleyes:
Reply 13
If you're a brunette and want to go blonde, it's always better to dye your eyebrows as well. Otherwise a) it's pretty obvious you aren't a natural blonde. b) it looks cheap&whore-ish. :erm:

Also, the roots only show because the natural hair keeps growing. It's such a trouble having to keep up dying your roots every month if you don't want them to show, so most can't be bothered.
Original post by redferry
You mean natural blonde?

Most blonde hair ends up looking dyed as it grows through darker then lightens in the sun. So you get natural roots. Annoying because people assume you dye it!

True dat. Then people don't believe you or then resent you because your hair is naturally blonde. I have quite dark eyebrows compared to my natural hair colour which also drives me mental :angry:
Reply 15
Original post by StrangestThings
I am blonde and don't understand the obsession if I'm honest, I much prefer dark hair or black hair but I guess it's a case of liking what you haven't got. :rolleyes:

I agree with you there :tongue: I'm Asian (tanned skin, dark brown eyes, dark brown hair) and go for my complete "opposite" in looks colour wise. I reckon maybe blond guys look more attractive to me because they're different and therefore interesting :tongue:
Reply 16
True dat. Then people don't believe you or then resent you because your hair is naturally blonde. I have quite dark eyebrows compared to my natural hair colour which also drives me mental :angry:

Agh tell me about it! I have dark eyebrows too!!!
Reply 17

Not really. :tongue:
I have black hair and my favorite hair colour is mohagony brown. :tongue:
Reply 18
Original post by Alpha brah
I agree with you there :tongue: I'm Asian (tanned skin, dark brown eyes, dark brown hair) and go for my complete "opposite" in looks colour wise. I reckon maybe blond guys look more attractive to me because they're different and therefore interesting :tongue:

:mad:
Reply 19
Original post by SoftPunch
Not really. :tongue:
I have black hair and my favorite hair colour is mohagony brown. :tongue:

I'm getting my hair dyed lighter soon! Think I might go for that shade :teeth: It's lovely, so rich and warm :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest