The Student Room Group

Email wording to arrange meeting to resign

I have a part-time job at my university, and since I am in 3rd year, with module and dissertation deadlines I do not have the time nor the enthusiasm to continue this job that I have held since September.

I want to email my 'boss' about my resignation so that we can arrange a meeting to talk about it and formally confirm it. However I don't want to outright say in the email that I plan on resigning, because I think it's rude and discourteous. However I don't want my resignation to come as a surprise in the meeting.

How do I go about wording an email to arrange a meeting for confirmation of my resignation that will sound polite and respectful?
Reply 1
Dear xxx

As you know in line with our mission statements we are always seeking to maximise our efficiency, to improve the return to our stake holders and to deliver best practise in all departments................

You get the idea :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by MsPussySmith
I hate scum like you who make any excuse not to work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Old_Simon
Dear xxx

As you know in line with our mission statements we are always seeking to maximise our efficiency, to improve the return to our stake holders and to deliver best practise in all departments................

You get the idea :wink:

This is why I barely ever ask for advice on this forum. :rolleyes:
Original post by greenfly125
I have a part-time job at my university, and since I am in 3rd year, with module and dissertation deadlines I do not have the time nor the enthusiasm to continue this job that I have held since September.

I want to email my 'boss' about my resignation so that we can arrange a meeting to talk about it and formally confirm it. However I don't want to outright say in the email that I plan on resigning, because I think it's rude and discourteous. However I don't want my resignation to come as a surprise in the meeting.

How do I go about wording an email to arrange a meeting for confirmation of my resignation that will sound polite and respectful?

Well 3rd year is always stressful so to be honest they're probably expecting it - a lot of people give up their jobs in 3rd year because of deadlines and studying.

It'd be best if you could see them in person and explain it to them without having to send the email, because there's no really subtle way of hinting at this, but if you can't see them without an email you could try something along the lines of "I was wondering if we could meet up to talk about my job and my current situation with my studies".

It's not perfect, I know, but they should get the message from it without you explicitly stating that you want to leave (you could be asking for less hours for all they know).

Original post by MsPussySmith
I hate scum like you who make any excuse not to work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're trolling too hard - try a more soft approach next time.

You get a solid 1/10, but only because you made me reply.

Quick Reply

Latest