The Student Room Group

How to get over a crush?

Just wondering.

I've never been able to do it.
In the past, I'd make the person angry at me so that the decision was taken out of my hands but how do 'normal' ppl do it.

Scroll to see replies

it will happen, it's just a matter of time
Reply 2
play very loud music
Original post by keromedic
Just wondering.

I've never been able to do it.
In the past, I'd make the person angry at me so that the decision was taken out of my hands but how do 'normal' ppl do it.

There are 6billion people in this world, i think that number increased by another billion if i am not mistaken. Half of those are free and single. And you're wondering how to get over ONE person? Socialize, go out more and other people will be in your life.
Just take your mind off them. Do something; listen to music, draw, read, whatever. You'll get over them eventually.
I used to have this crush but I lost all respect for him because he basically ignored me for ages and talked to me like nothing happened, and our talking terms were on and off, and he acted like nothing happened. :sigh: So I lost my crush for him. Also, he's become much less attractive now anyway. :lol: Even if we did have a chemistry like before, I'm transgender and he's NOT gay. And it would be long distance. So that wouldn't work. :no: But oh well, I don't need him. I'm fine. :yep: Anyway, when it comes to YOU getting over a crush... I dunno. :dontknow: What about trying to find as many flaws/dealbreakers as possible? I'm no good with this, my crushes and my interests are two different things. To me, a crush and a love are very rarely collocated, you're lucky if it is. Unless that's just me being weird. :tongue: But anyway, just try and see some awful things about her/him, or if not, just find someone better. Easier said than done, but I wish you good luck. :smile:
Original post by Rainbow Student
I used to have this crush but I lost all respect for him because he basically ignored me for ages and talked to me like nothing happened, and our talking terms were on and off, and he acted like nothing happened. :sigh: So I lost my crush for him. Also, he's become much less attractive now anyway. :lol: Even if we did have a chemistry like before, I'm transgender and he's NOT gay. And it would be long distance. So that wouldn't work. :no: But oh well, I don't need him. I'm fine. :yep: Anyway, when it comes to YOU getting over a crush... I dunno. :dontknow: What about trying to find as many flaws/dealbreakers as possible? I'm no good with this, my crushes and my interests are two different things. To me, a crush and a love are very rarely collocated, you're lucky if it is. Unless that's just me being weird. :tongue: But anyway, just try and see some awful things about her/him, or if not, just find someone better. Easier said than done, but I wish you good luck. :smile:
you're transgender?
I focus my attention on a different guy :rolleyes:
Original post by ravishingrick69
you're transgender?

No, I was joking.... :sigh: LOL yes, yes I am. :smile:
it will happen, it's just a matter of time

Possibly.

Original post by Robbie242
play very loud music

My music is always lloud.
Original post by londonlawtutor
There are 6billion people in this world, i think that number increased by another billion if i am not mistaken. Half of those are free and single. And you're wondering how to get over ONE person? Socialize, go out more and other people will be in your life.

I don't spend my time at home lusting after them. I just come into contact with them regularly at college. We don't speak as I know I get tounge twisted and also my heart burns and I get hyper aware. The strange thing is though, is that I don't feel anything sexual, like at all as I know they're straight.
It's just my symptoms have all the bearings of a crush and though I really, really want to be friends with them, I don't know how innocent my feelings are.
Original post by StarvingAutist
Just take your mind off them. Do something; listen to music, draw, read, whatever. You'll get over them eventually.

I don't think of them, my heart just pains when I see them.

I used to have a thing for them but then I got in a relationship. Now that I'm out, the feelings have a returned but they only occur if I'm close, which is cool.
But they've never really been sexual, I just feel like I care for them a lot.
you're transgender?

I think so.

Original post by euphrosyne
I focus my attention on a different guy :rolleyes:

Fair enough, makes sense.
No, I was joking.... :sigh: LOL yes, yes I am. :smile:

I only read the first part and thought "what a weird joke" at first.
(edited 10 years ago)
For me there wasn't really a set way, it was more a matter of simply waiting for time to pass and for the attachment to fade.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
For me there wasn't really a set way, it was more a matter of simply waiting for time to pass and for the attachment to fade.

Fair enough. As said, in the past when I've felt similar things, I'd sabotage the relationship to take the decision away from me :lol:.
Reply 12
Start finding what flaws they have and convince yourself there are more than good points.

Or distracting yourself with a hobby or finding another person you like.

If you're brave ask them if they feel the same way and if they say no then you have no "what ifs" thoughts - but it depends on how well you handle rejection.
Reply 13
Get under/crush on someone else? :tongue:
Original post by Alpha brah
Get under/crush on someone else? :tongue:

I thought that but it isn't a crush in that sense.
Reply 15
I thought that but it isn't a crush in that sense.

How do you mean? :cookie:
Original post by lucine.B
-

Original post by Alpha brah
How do you mean? :cookie:

I'm not full on infatuated.
Possibly.

My music is always lloud.

I don't spend my time at home lusting after them. I just come into contact with them regularly at college. We don't speak as I know I get tounge twisted and also my heart burns and I get hyper aware. The strange thing is though, is that I don't feel anything sexual, like at all as I know they're straight.
It's just my symptoms have all the bearings of a crush and though I really, really want to be friends with them, I don't know how innocent my feelings are.

I don't think of them, my heart just pains when I see them.

I used to have a thing for them but then I got in a relationship. Now that I'm out, the feelings have a returned but they only occur if I'm close, which is cool.
But they've never really been sexual, I just feel like I care for them a lot.

I think so.

Fair enough, makes sense.

I only read the first part and thought "what a weird joke" at first.

:lol: :redface:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
I'm not full on infatuated.

You wot mate??? :lolwut: :tongue:
Original post by Ripper-Roo
Start finding what flaws they have and convince yourself there are more than good points.

Or distracting yourself with a hobby or finding another person you like.

If you're brave ask them if they feel the same way and if they say no then you have no "what ifs" thoughts - but it depends on how well you handle rejection.

They're a straight guy. I'm emotionally smart enough to realise nothing would happen.
I don't want to **** them.
I just really, really, really, really like them.
Original post by lucine.B
You wot mate??? :lolwut: :tongue:

Please don't reveal who the subject of my mild infatuation is.

Quick Reply

Latest