The Student Room Group

What is the "most difficult" degree?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KingStannis
As an arts student i feel inclined to point out that the title makes little sense...

Have you read the OP? What doesn't make sense about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by majmuh24
Have you read the OP? What doesn't make sense about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

How can one degree be smarter than another? Degrees don't have minds... they're courses...

It should be "Which degree is more difficult?" or "which degree requires the greatest intelligence to achieve?".
How can one degree be smarter than another? Degrees don't have minds... they're courses...

It should be "Which degree is more difficult?" or "which degree requires the greatest intelligence to achieve?".

No need to get all philosophical about it :tongue:

I'll change it now :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by majmuh24
No need to get all philosophical about it :tongue:

I'll change it now :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not philosophy...grammar :smile:
Not philosophy...grammar :smile:

Well, English isn't exactly my strongest subject either :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Clear STEM domination -- highlighting the make up of this forum.

Just because you can't do a subject well, does not mean that if other people do it well they must be clever.
To be fair i think several of the arts subjects that should be on here are missing out on this thread.

But anyway, I consider the whole question to be pointless. I would say you can distinguish to a certain extent some of the harder arts from the "softer" ones, and maybe some of the sciences too (Biology arguably easier than the other two core sciencesfrom what I gather, but no arguments that convince me personally) and I'm confident History>media studies.

But it just makes no sense to say Chemistry > History when scientifically orientated people will likely be better at CHem, and humanitists will likely be better at history:confused:

I never understood how science students can be considered smarter even if they couldn't do humanities subjects. I never understood the attitude.
Theoretical Physics or Theoretical Astrophysics is the hardest by far.Engineering.... Where the noble semiskilled laborers execute the vision of those who think and dream. Hello, Oompa-Loompas of science.
Its not about smartest/most difficult. Its about which degree has the most earning potential.
Original post by Bysteven
Theoretical Physics or Theoretical Astrophysics is the hardest by far.Engineering.... Where the noble semiskilled laborers execute the vision of those who think and dream. Hello, Oompa-Loompas of science.

BBT quote.

Engineers make more $$$ than people who get degrees in physics because they can actually do something with their knowledge.
I'd go with Mathematics, Physics and Engineering/Technology on this one hands down. Though Engineers have got more widespread applicability. As the user above stated, it's just a shame there's not actually many people with a Maths or Physics degree that can actually apply their knowledge in many cases, it's not very difficult by comparison with Engineering/Technology to apply knowledge. But it hardly changes the fact these 3 subjects will ultimately be what pushes us forward, each of the subjects not really being able to progress without the other.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending