The Student Room Group

Maths Edexcel GCSE (2014)

I am really confused about the new edexcel system that has been put in place, anyone doing Higher Tier in June 2014 can you explain?

We have been told there are four modules; Methods 1, Methods 2, Applications 1, Applications 2......

if this is right does any one know what will come up in each???

Thank you! x
Original post by Rachel_ij
I am really confused about the new edexcel system that has been put in place, anyone doing Higher Tier in June 2014 can you explain?

We have been told there are four modules; Methods 1, Methods 2, Applications 1, Applications 2......

Thank you! x

Do you know your course code? I've looked up both of Edexcel's GCSE Maths courses but neither of them appear to have four distinct modules.
Reply 2

Thank you! x

Are you doing the Linked Pair

If so, yes, that is correct and you teacher will be able to provide you with a syllabus/list of topics
Reply 3
Original post by Chlorophile
Do you know your course code? I've looked up both of Edexcel's GCSE Maths courses but neither of them appear to have four distinct modules.

I know, I look it up too but I then got confused..... I will go check... xx
Reply 4
Original post by TenOfThem
Are you doing the Linked Pair

If so, yes, that is correct and you teacher will be able to provide you with a syllabus/list of topics

Ah possibly, I hope so and thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 5

The Linked Pair does
I'm doing higher tier also. My tutor gave my class a list of what we were gonna be studying and that's basically what might come up in the exam :smile:!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Linked Pair does

I wasn't aware of its existence! I only saw Mathematics A and B. I've never heard of "Linked Pair" and the spec doesn't seem to be publicly available. What is it? Is it 2 GCSEs?
Reply 8
5AM1H
5AM2H
5MM1H
5MM2H

are the codes
Reply 9
I wasn't aware of its existence! I only saw Mathematics A and B. I've never heard of "Linked Pair" and the spec doesn't seem to be publicly available. What is it? Is it 2 GCSEs?

The spec is only available to pilot schools

Yes, it is 2 GCSEs
Reply 10

Yes, it is 2 GCSEs

ooh apparently we are a "pilot" school - sounds fancy :wink:

Well, pilot but a bit Johnny-Come-Lately we have been running it for 3 years :smile:
Reply 12

Yes, it is 2 GCSEs

Original post by ohhello92x
I'm doing higher tier also. My tutor gave my class a list of what we were gonna be studying and that's basically what might come up in the exam :smile:!

Posted from TSR Mobile

lucky!!! our teacher didn't explain it very well :/
Reply 13
Well, pilot but a bit Johnny-Come-Lately we have been running it for 3 years :smile:

hahaha, i think my brother might have done it too last year but my teacher confused me last lesson..... everyone else understood :/

lucky!!! our teacher didn't explain it very well :/

Aw bless. Basically everyone in my class is doing higher tier as for some weird reason it's easier getting a 'C' grade on there :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
hi everyone i am also doing this linked pair pilot award worth two GCSE's

i was doing a past paper November 2013, unit 1 applications and i got stuck on
question 18 the one about the medals, i would be very grateful if someone could please help me
with this question i don't seem to understand it.

thank you for your time
what did you guys get for the vector question? I said something like (m-n) and 1/2(m-n) which means that they are scalar multiples and therefore parallel.
Original post by Mukhstar98
what did you guys get for the vector question? I said something like (m-n) and 1/2(m-n) which means that they are scalar multiples and therefore parallel.

I honestly can't remember :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest