Pip1309
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So, this year in the Easter holidays, my family have decided to go on holiday. As this is the last year of sixth form and I need A*AA to get into Cambridge, I decided to give this one a miss and revise instead (not missing out really, they're only going to Devon). However, I'm a bit worried about staying home completely alone and having to cook and look after the cats. Obviously I'll be able to look after the place i.e. not burn it down or starve but I was just wondering if you guys got any tips about what I could do to make life easier/less lonely? Also things to remember or avoid doing.
Thanks!
chocolatesauce
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
have you watched the movie? it'll give you a few ideas
alow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Partay!
Pip1309
Rep:
?
Obviously there will be a party. I was thinking for the other 6 days of the week, I could ask some friends to sleep over... or will this just make things harder?
Nfergs
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I worry how you'll cope in the future if you're making a big fuss about being on your own for such a short time now. Peronsally I enjoy having the house to myself as you get to do whatever you want, when you want!

Normally when I've had to stay by myself my mum has left me simple oven/microwave meals and some money for the basic things like milk and bread. In terms of revision do you think it's a good idea to have friends sleep over? Surely they would be a distraction...
Pip1309
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nfergs)
I worry how you'll cope in the future if you're making a big fuss about being on your own for such a short time now. Peronsally I enjoy having the house to myself as you get to do whatever you want, when you want!

Normally when I've had to stay by myself my mum has left me simple oven/microwave meals and some money for the basic things like milk and bread. In terms of revision do you think it's a good idea to have friends sleep over? Surely they would be a distraction...
Just had to point out that this isn't a 'big fuss' as you so nicely put it. I am just gathering a bit of 'know-how' from people who may have done it before... Sorry if I led you to believe otherwise.
College_Dropout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Walk around the house nude flashing the neighbours.
Nerd2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
First world problems.
Shazzarr
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You want to go to Uni yet you cant lookafter yourself?
Ive been home alone loads of times, its not rocket science hah
Pip1309
Rep:
?
OMG I can look after myself, not completely useless. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips as it's my first time :') crikey.
cuppa
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There aren't many tips to give you. You wake up, feed the pets, feed yourself, study, do whatever, eat lunch and dinner, feed pets again and sleep. I'm home alone 80% of the time and that's how it goes. I'm sure you won't struggle. Don't over think it, it's just being alone a few hours longer than usual.
Kelytha
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Pip1309)
OMG I can look after myself, not completely useless. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips as it's my first time :') crikey.
Relax!

It's not scary! I do find when I'm totally alone every noise makes me super aware though! Especially at night!

If you have a party don't have it the night before your parents come back. Lock away any valuables incase someone gets drunk and breaks something... Also resign yourself to the fact you will be mopping up vomit the next morning!

Umm it's kinda common sense really.. Don't forget your keys... Locksmiths are expensive..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pip1309
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kelytha)
Relax!

It's not scary! I do find when I'm totally alone every noise makes me super aware though! Especially at night!

If you have a party don't have it the night before your parents come back. Lock away any valuables incase someone gets drunk and breaks something... Also resign yourself to the fact you will be mopping up vomit the next morning!

Umm it's kinda common sense really.. Don't forget your keys... Locksmiths are expensive..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks so much I'll take that on board. I know about the noise thing but I'm sure I'd get used to it after a day or two.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (17)
28.33%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.67%
No I am happy with my choice (36)
60%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5%

Watched Threads