Shehr
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys I really need your help.

Basically, my facebook, email, back up email, second back up email - everything- has been hacked. I tried logging into my facebook but its connected to my email (hacked) so I can't retrieve anything. And the clever little hacker changed my security question too, so I can't use that either.

Does anyone know how I can get my email, fb etc etc back or is it too late?
LonelyPlanet
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Shehr)
Hi guys I really need your help.

Basically, my facebook, email, back up email, second back up email - everything- has been hacked. I tried logging into my facebook but its connected to my email (hacked) so I can't retrieve anything. And the clever little hacker changed my security question too, so I can't use that either.

Does anyone know how I can get my email, fb etc etc back or is it too late?
Ring up Facebook, email, etc... support....NOW
Shehr
Rep:
?
(Original post by LonelyPlanet)
Ring up Facebook, email, etc... support....NOW
I called Microsoft but they said 'we have no section dedicated to dealing with hacked accounts. please fill in our online form and we will get back to you in 24-72 hours. bye' and facebook doesn't have a call service.
PressTabStart
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Fill out their online form. There must be a section on Facebook help where you can get your account back (or you could at least get your old one deleted by reporting your original account as a fake).

I really recommend doing this on another computer. Might have a virus.
LonelyPlanet
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Shehr)
I called Microsoft but they said 'we have no section dedicated to dealing with hacked accounts. please fill in our online form and we will get back to you in 24-72 hours. bye' and facebook doesn't have a call service.
Basically...you're buggered.
Best gather a list of OTHER accounts you have linked into your email and Facebook.

Such as Bank Accounts, Spotify, App Store, etc...

Then log onto each one and change the email which accesses it. Or revoke the permission to log in via Facebook.

Next time, connect your phone to Facebook and activate the security feature in which you have to input a code send to you via text if logging in from a foreign device.

Goodluck
Shehr
Rep:
?
(Original post by PressTabStart)
Fill out their online form. There must be a section on Facebook help where you can get your account back (or you could at least get your old one deleted by reporting your original account as a fake).

I really recommend doing this on another computer. Might have a virus.
Yes I tried Facebook help but after filling out the long form they said 'sorry but we do not look at every single report filed but we may contact you in the future to ask for details'.

And I have Kaspersky so it would let me know if I had a virus :/
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
First of all, this is a really serious case of hacking. It is very possible that you've got something like a keylogger on your PC, so your best bet is to disconnect it from the internet immediately and take it to a PC repair shop to get it checked out. If you have got a virus, they'll sort it out properly (AV software doesn't do it very well).

Secondly, you need to think about people you know who might have done this. With situations like this, the perpetrator often directly knows the victim.

I don't really know what to do about your email, so you're probably going to have to do whatever Microsoft asks. With regard to Facebook, go here: https://www.facebook.com/hacked. Another thing you need to do is check your bank. If you do internet banking on your PC, there's a chance that may have been compromised too.

(Original post by Shehr)
And I have Kaspersky so it would let me know if I had a virus :/
No AV is 100% secure. Kaspersky is very good, but it still doesn't give you complete protection.
John Stuart Mill
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How do we know you're not the hacker?
Shehr
Rep:
?
(Original post by LonelyPlanet)
Basically...you're buggered.
Best gather a list of OTHER accounts you have linked into your email and Facebook.

Such as Bank Accounts, Spotify, App Store, etc...

Then log onto each one and change the email which accesses it. Or revoke the permission to log in via Facebook.

Next time, connect your phone to Facebook and activate the security feature in which you have to input a code send to you via text if logging in from a foreign device.

Goodluck

Yes I should've done that before! Thank you!
BC95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
1) Start by changing passwords to account you think may be linked to the accounts that have been hacked e.g. Paypal

2) Contact Facebook and e-mail provider.

3) Call the police or at least let someone of some authority know what has happenned.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed