Why did she call me ignorant on text? Watch

ldha
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I met a girl last Saturday night, had a good chat, she's single.. so get her number.. and I text her few days later " Hey, why dont you come over to mine this week?" she replied "Hi ignorant, cant this week, I'm really busy but maybe next week? What does that mean???/ You here that dating is dead, and have cut to chase so what did I do wrong, shes 19 by the way (dont know if thats makes any difference!!!
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 5 years ago
Read the text you sent her... sounds like you want sex, that's what you did wrong and she rightly called you out on it.
Amandablanks
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You need to ask her on a date, not just round yours eek.
thatrollingstone
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
Read the text you sent her... sounds like you want sex, that's what you did wrong and she rightly called you out on it.
(Original post by Amandablanks)
You need to ask her on a date, not just round yours eek.
Nonsense. Why would she suggest 'maybe next week?'.

OP it looks like an auto correct typo. Otherwise I don't know, maybe based on events or information that we don't know about.
ManifoldManifest
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Looks like an auto correct thing. Text her back, ask what's up. It's amazing how many things communication solves.
Knighted
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Either match it or ignore it.

match it = "He arrogant, hopefully I'm free next week :P" <Double standard text, call her arrogant, then be arrogant. cheeeeeeeky.

ignore it = You don't give a **** she called you ignorant. Who cares anyway?

or like someone else said it could be autocorrect. Personally I'd ignore it as I like to set my mind to that when it comes to this sort of thing.
redferry
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ldha)
I met a girl last Saturday night, had a good chat, she's single.. so get her number.. and I text her few days later " Hey, why dont you come over to mine this week?" she replied "Hi ignorant, cant this week, I'm really busy but maybe next week? What does that mean???/ You here that dating is dead, and have cut to chase so what did I do wrong, shes 19 by the way (dont know if thats makes any difference!!!
I imagine from the structure of the message it was probably autocorrect

She probably meant to typ your name or 'I'm afraid' or something
Amandablanks
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by thatrollingstone)
Nonsense. Why would she suggest 'maybe next week?'.

OP it looks like an auto correct typo. Otherwise I don't know, maybe based on events or information that we don't know about.
Could be. But I'd be annoyed if a guy asked me straight round his.
Wattsy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd happily put a few bob on it being an autocorrect issue.
Amandablanks
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Wattsy)
I'd happily put a few bob on it being an autocorrect issue.
Yeah it might be. Surprised she didn't correct herself though like' oh sorry I meant...'
Katie_p
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Reminds me of the time a colleague's Professional email autocorrected the name of the addressee to "Hermit"...
ldha
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Katie_p)
Reminds me of the time a colleague's Professional email autocorrected the name of the addressee to "Hermit"...
I was wrong, it turned out, that she text me over the weekend, I had my phone off so didnt get text, in fact shes coming over tonight... haha
Wattsy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ldha)
I was wrong, it turned out, that she text me over the weekend, I had my phone off so didnt get text, in fact shes coming over tonight... haha
Never turn your phone off!!!! :headfire:

At least it turned out well though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.96%
No I am happy with my course choice (401)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (100)
14.22%

Watched Threads