How long to stay on each question for A2 Psychology? Watch

LazyOatmeaL
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey guys, are any A2 level psychology students or someone who has already aced their Psy exam out there? I was just wondering how long each of you would advice to stay with each question on the actual exam?

For reminders, the psychology exam is 2 hours long and there are 3 sections (of the first exam)
Schizo (or whatever you might've studied)
Anomalistic (again or whatever you were made to study)
and Research methods (**** you research methods)

Each section is worth 25 marks each (i think)
and the questions range from 10 markers, 4 marks for AO1 and 6 marks for AO2

8 (AO1)and 16 (AO2) markers
5 and 10 markers (same as above)

3 markers
4 markers
etc.

Would you all say about a minute a mark? Or what? because im really not sure. Thanks guys.
Student_27
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm in year 13 now studying A2 Psychology B and I had my mock exam (in real exam conditions) yesterday for two hours.

We have three topics to cover in the exam which are Schizophrenia & Mood Disorders, Forensic Psychology and Cognitive Development (in children).

In each, we have one 12 marker and then a couple of 2,3,4 or 5 markers; but each section is worth 20 marks so the amount of questions given for each section differs according to how many marks they're worth!

At home when revising I never timed myself when answering the short hand questions or the essay 12 marker but considering you have three topics to do in a 2 hour exam, it means you've got 40 minutes on each. For a 12 marker you're suppsoed to spend 22 isn minutes on it, and they say it's like a minute per mark on the shorter questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mephestic
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Spread the timings evening based on topic questions. For example for psya3 spend 30 minutes each on the 3 questions as its a 1hr 30min exam.

If you need further help check out my site, it has A* model answers for psya3 and psya4, I used them to get an A* last year and 100% in both A2 papers (my certificate is on my site too)

My site: http://www.loopa.co.uk - AQA Psychology A* Revision
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.6%
No (219)
94.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise