LapisBowerbird
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
And I don't mean like, what kind of revision tools should i use - i don't know when to start revising and how often to... Any help please??
E_04
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For my GCSEs, I started revising in February half term (although not many hours a day). By April, I was probably doing around 6/7 hours a day (similar to a normal school day) and tried to take regular breaks in between. I found it helpful to make a revision timetable before I started to plan my revision hours, although I know this doesn't always go according to plan. Hope this helps!
yellowcopter
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well it depends highly on what subjects you're doing, and how you think you're doing at them. For example I'm going to start revising for Biology a month before the exam as I need to revise every page of the CGP revision guide so I can get A*, however for Maths I feel like I don't need as much preparation so might start about 2 weeks before the exam doing strictly past papers and a few YouTube videos for topics I struggle on and that's it. Some might find Science easier so may revise for Biology only a week before the exam, just like some might revise more for Maths because they find that more difficult. Also depends on what grades you're aiming for, too.

Just figure out how much time you'll need for each subject and plan everything out.
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Whilst a lot of people subscribe to the idea that you should be revising X hours per day, I don't agree with that. In my opinion, I think it's a lot more sensible to list out all of the topics that you've got to revise and then plan out by when you need to have each topic revised. For instance, I'm currently revising a maths module which has 8 chapters. I've told myself that I need to revise 2 chapters a week so the revision process will take a month. I've then got 2 weeks before the exam to go over any loose ends I didn't get in the main revision period.

This is a technique I learnt post-GCSE. For my actual GCSEs, I only started revising at the end of may...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.66%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.56%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.92%
I need help with my personal statement (76)
41.53%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (44)
24.04%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.64%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.65%

Watched Threads