Oooohhhhhhh!!!!! xD Sorry confusion!:P
It's all right
SHABANA
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by CallumS343)
You'll be doing the same stuff as them for the first year anyway so just try hard in lessons and for tests and you'll get moved up if you do well enough.
Not necessarily. Triple groups will often cover the content for units 1 and 2 in year 10, and their CAUs and unit 3 in year 11. They now have all 9 exams at the end of year 11. On the other hand, dual class will do core science in year 10 and sit the exams. They will then do additional science in year 11.
TheNacho63
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Honestly Triple science is not vital, perform well in double and you will have no problems in A Levels like others have stated. Wouldn't say that you shouldn't make a claim to try and get into it though.
Gorwell
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SHABANA)
Not necessarily. Triple groups will often cover the content for units 1 and 2 in year 10, and their CAUs and unit 3 in year 11. They now have all 9 exams at the end of year 11. On the other hand, dual class will do core science in year 10 and sit the exams. They will then do additional science in year 11.
I think this is the last year where they are doing core in year 10 (at least for AQA) all exams will be linear after that- for double. The way units are taught for both triple and double will not change.
Black Rose
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by maxy25)
I didn't get chosen, so im in second set or if you'd like to call it Additional 1*...
Now I only get to do double science however I REALLY need triple science for the career path i'd like, also, what would universities think if i only applied with Double science? Please give me advice p.s- this is my first post... hope it's okay
Taking double science does not limit your options, you'll still be able to do a-level sciences. If you get good grades (for both GCSE + a-level) universities won't mind whether you took triple or double.

If you want to do triple science, I suggest you try your hardest to do well at double, both double and triple learn the same stuff for a while which is true (I'm doing triple atm) so you can move up if your progress and attainment is really good. If you still don't even after brilliant grades and progress then I think you should complain to your teachers, persuade them to move you to triple and ask why they were holding you back.

But only do so if you think you're capable of getting good grades and can keep up with the work. Wouldn't you rather get 2 A*s than say 3 B's?

Welcome to :tsr: by the way. Hope to see you in the Year 9 thread ... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2505043

Feel free to ask me about anything if you like, I occasionally go onto the Year 9 thread but you can definitely find me on the Year 10 thread (link is on the first post of y9 thread)
maxy25
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by AMYC1999)
Taking double science does not limit your options, you'll still be able to do a-level sciences. If you get good grades (for both GCSE + a-level) universities won't mind whether you took triple or double.

If you want to do triple science, I suggest you try your hardest to do well at double, both double and triple learn the same stuff for a while which is true (I'm doing triple atm) so you can move up if your progress and attainment is really good. If you still don't even after brilliant grades and progress then I think you should complain to your teachers, persuade them to move you to triple and ask why they were holding you back.

But only do so if you think you're capable of getting good grades and can keep up with the work. Wouldn't you rather get 2 A*s than say 3 B's?

Welcome to :tsr: by the way. Hope to see you in the Year 9 thread ... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2505043

Feel free to ask me about anything if you like, I occasionally go onto the Year 9 thread but you can definitely find me on the Year 10 thread (link is on the first post of y9 thread)

Thankyou Very Much! .. This is one of the most helpful comments anyone has said .. Thanks! ..
I will keep all of this in mind, and thanks again; If I need you, i'll be sure to contact you ... Thaaaaanks, I say that way tooooo much :P
khadija69
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I honestly want to find out how you did and what you are doing now. Right now I am a stressed year 9 student as I want to be in top set for triple science, but I am currently in a “mixed” class, so people of all abilities, but I absolutely hate it. No one is the same and most of the kids are annoying and show they don’t care about education, and honestly I can’t cope. At the same time I am too scared to put up a fight. My parents won’t do anything either 🤷

btw I came across this because I was googling if I could still do triple science 👍
Last edited by khadija69; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.59%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.17%
No (176)
34.24%

Watched Threads