aysh1992
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm stuck as to whether to do my PGCE at Goldsmiths, Institute of Education, or Greenwich? I've secured interviews for all 3 and so far have been offered a place on two. There aren't any proper league tables for it, just for undergrad Education courses, so if anyone has any defining experiences or knowledge they'd like to share to help me decide, I shall be forever grateful!
aysh1992
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Specifically debating over whether to go to IOE or Goldsmith's! Helpp.
Esmeralda4
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd look at campus, modules, staff, ofsted rating... also, if league tables would help, you could check out the good teacher training guide.

Good luck! I was in this position too, choosing between Derby and Nottingham Trent.
Sensei7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
IOE has the better rep I think. Best in europe for educational research in 2008 census. Currently 7th in the world for educational courses.
shabinaasghar
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Institute education is the best one out the three.
Could you please tell me how the English essay was. What Topix came up or question it will be great help. Thank alot
shabinaasghar
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sorry I wanted to ask about the English test for Greenwich pgce. What question came up I know in the past was who is your favorite teacher, name a person you have helped
Juichiro
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by aysh1992)
I'm stuck as to whether to do my PGCE at Goldsmiths, Institute of Education, or Greenwich? I've secured interviews for all 3 and so far have been offered a place on two. There aren't any proper league tables for it, just for undergrad Education courses, so if anyone has any defining experiences or knowledge they'd like to share to help me decide, I shall be forever grateful!
IoE.
bubbles3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
IOE!!!
I am a student at Goldsmiths. It is very very disorganised.
owlcandle
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
As a previous Greenwich student, go anywhere but Greenwich.
smiah482
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by aysh1992)
Hi I'm in the same situation atm but might want to go for UCL too!! what did you go for in the end?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (731)
33.86%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (922)
42.7%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (411)
19.04%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.4%

Watched Threads