Ladean123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Currently doing crime and deviance which is a HUGE module. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to remember every theory and sociologist and what they say? Also any help on essay plans for 21 and 33 would be great!
3mmz
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ladean123)
Currently doing crime and deviance which is a HUGE module. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to remember every theory and sociologist and what they say? Also any help on essay plans for 21 and 33 would be great!
How much revision have you done and you sorted out your notes?
Ladean123
Rep:
?
(Original post by 3mmz)
How much revision have you done and you sorted out your notes?
Lots of revision now, we have learnt most but not crime with methods yet. And i dont really read through the ones i write down, just been using the handouts!
3mmz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lots of revision now, we have learnt most but not crime with methods yet. And i dont really read through the ones i write down, just been using the handouts!
how you revising...? i am in similar boat and wow its the end of january and you have already finished c&d?

Have you done religion yet?
Ladean123
Rep:
?
Ive been making mind maps and like repeating everything to myself from them and getting someone to test me! And yes almost. Starting religion after half term. How far have you got?
3mmz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ive been making mind maps and like repeating everything to myself from them and getting someone to test me! And yes almost. Starting religion after half term. How far have you got?
when's half term?

erm i am self teaching sociology (on a gap year)

just making notes and and that

what text book you using and also how you finding it
Ladean123
Rep:
?
I think it's half way through feb and ahhh is it going alright?

I'm using the cgp book but I haven't been reading it much, just using the notes I've been given

Posted from TSR Mobile
rosiewantshugs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing c & d alongside globalisation and oh my goodness, my essay writing skills have gone down the drain this year! But I found the CGP book really good last year and so I'm buyer it again(soon) I find essay plans, mind maps, in pretty colours and revision cards help me to revise best. Our sociology department produces great booklets on every topic, with notes and photocopies of text books so that's really useful
Ladean123
Rep:
?
(Original post by rosiewantshugs)
I'm doing c & d alongside globalisation and oh my goodness, my essay writing skills have gone down the drain this year! But I found the CGP book really good last year and so I'm buyer it again(soon) I find essay plans, mind maps, in pretty colours and revision cards help me to revise best. Our sociology department produces great booklets on every topic, with notes and photocopies of text books so that's really useful
Is globalisation a good unit? Hahah so have mine! I need strict essay plan to memorise! Yes I have that book and a few other booklets given by my teachers but don't you ever get confused revising from so many materials? With mine they tend to say different things and some are more informative than others etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
rosiewantshugs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is globalisation a good unit? Hahah so have mine! I need strict essay plan to memorise! Yes I have that book and a few other booklets given by my teachers but don't you ever get confused revising from so many materials? With mine they tend to say different things and some are more informative than others etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really like globalisation, less theorists which is pleasing but i find it really useful having a range of resources but bad photocopying really aggravates me!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (51)
26.98%
1 (30)
15.87%
2 (34)
17.99%
3 (26)
13.76%
4 (12)
6.35%
5 (16)
8.47%