AQA History AS Level lacking exam technique help....

Watch
bluepowerade
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi I am doing history as level aqa and am not able to fully answer 12&24 mark questions is anyone able to offer some tips please thanks
Sim1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What are you specifically struggling on? Concentrate on your specific points on the 12 mark questions - 3strong different points. Link all of the factors as well as adding detail and specific facts. For the 24 mark detail is key as well as actually answering the right question! Also quote other historians and include contextual knowledge. If it is a source 24 mark question you MUST include the sources- sounds fairly obvious but true many people do not! You may think who am I to give advice. On the last Stalin mock I got an A grade only dropping 2 marks. In my last 2 Tudor essays I achieved 12/12 and 22/24. hope this helps! Also what topics are you studying and what point are you up to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
bluepowerade
Rep:
?
Hi, I am currently studying tsarist russia and british 1902-18 and linking the points is my weakness thanks for the help btw
bluepowerade
Rep:
?
And we are roughly halfway through at the minute just finished stolypin in russian and starting ireland in british
ManicsGirl97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
With 12 mark questions you have to include categorization, prioritisation and links. Examiners particularly love the identification of long term and short term factors.

Plus (for 24 markers) make sure you consider both sides of the argument and have a powerful conclusion- make sure you have an opinion, and try to convince the examiner as eloquently as possible as to why your opinion is right.

Source questions- make sure to include source detail, but own knowledge is vital. In source questions, no matter how good your answer, if you include no own knowledge, you can't get past a D for that question.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (11)
18.97%
I'm not sure (2)
3.45%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (17)
29.31%
I have already dropped out (2)
3.45%
I'm not a current university student (26)
44.83%

Watched Threads