The Student Room Group

OCR A G482 9th June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a123a
I want to get in Medicine so Maths will only be up to A level for me. But if I decide I want to go into Maths by the end of this year, I might do the entire FM A level in one year.

Goodluck with medicine, I also wanted to do medicine last year but later applied for chemical engineering, try to get some work experience

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Infinity_4652
I should enjoy it anyway, i'm really interested in nuclear physics and they're kind of similar :lol:

Yeah slightly, nuclear physics is also a module on the A2 course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by precious maro
Goodluck with medicine, I also wanted to do medicine last year but later applied for chemical engineering, try to get some work experience

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you have much work experience for chemical engineering? I want to apply for it this year but I'm not sure what level of experience I need.
Original post by Marcum
Did you have much work experience for chemical engineering? I want to apply for it this year but I'm not sure what level of experience I need.

None apart from 2 summer schools

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah slightly, nuclear physics is also a module on the A2 course

Posted from TSR Mobile
so exciting :awesome:
Reply 85
then you're probably doing great in biology and chemistry :awesome:

good luck for medicine :yy:

Thank you! Thing is, I'm still aiming for an A* in Physics! :colondollar:

What about you? Do you want to Maths/Physics at university?
Reply 86

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep I've already got some and I have applied for various hospitals, but sadly I have had no replies :frown:
Original post by a123a
Thank you! Thing is, I'm still aiming for an A* in Physics! :colondollar:

What about you? Do you want to Maths/Physics at university?

you'll get your A*, just keep aiming for it and work hard :smile:

well i'm not sure yet
by my options are basically maths/physics... either nuclear physics, theoretical physics or astrophysics :awesome:
so much maths :gah:
Original post by a123a
Yep I've already got some and I have applied for various hospitals, but sadly I have had no replies :frown:

Don't worry just keep trying, I applied early Aswell but only got replies during the summer

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just realised there's no girls on this thread :eek:

Physics Is male dominated, only 1 girl in my class

Posted from TSR Mobile
Physics Is male dominated, only 1 girl in my class

Posted from TSR Mobile
in mine... there was roughly 5 in september, but now there's only 2 left
Reply 92
you'll get your A*, just keep aiming for it and work hard :smile:

well i'm not sure yet
by my options are basically maths/physics... either nuclear physics, theoretical physics or astrophysics :awesome:
so much maths :gah:

I hope I get it!

wow!! Astrophysics sounds cool... The other two for me are just, well...:s-smilie:
Original post by a123a
I hope I get it!

wow!! Astrophysics sounds cool... The other two for me are just, well...:s-smilie:

haha i looove astrophysics :love:

Bonjour :wink:

How far through the course is everyone in lessons? My class has only finished all of G481 and Electricity and 5 of the practical assessments (which weren't done in class)... I feel we're really behind, especially when I compare to Chemistry where we're one small module (green chemistry) off finishing the entire course :s-smilie:
Original post by sarcastic-sal
Bonjour :wink:

How far through the course is everyone in lessons? My class has only finished all of G481 and Electricity and 5 of the practical assessments (which weren't done in class)... I feel we're really behind, especially when I compare to Chemistry where we're one small module (green chemistry) off finishing the entire course :s-smilie:

Hey, you're the 1st girl on this thread
I get the feeling you said bonjour because we're both doing french? :colondollar:

We've just finished G482 waves, so now we have 4 lessons of quantum physics... then it's just the remaining PSAs and revsion until the exams. The rest of us on this thread seem to have already finished or nearly finished G482.
If you are behind and you won't finish the spec early enough before the exam (ideally 1+ months), you should speak to your teacher about it asap.

But you've done 5 PSAs already? How many have we got to do in total?
Hey, you're the 1st girl on this thread
I get the feeling you said bonjour because we're both doing french? :colondollar:

We've just finished G482 waves, so now we have 4 lessons of quantum physics... then it's just the remaining PSAs and revsion until the exams. The rest of us on this thread seem to have already finished or nearly finished G482.
If you are behind and you won't finish the spec early enough before the exam (ideally 1+ months), you should speak to your teacher about it asap.

But you've done 5 PSAs already? How many have we got to do in total?

I'm not doing French, although I wanted to do it but it wouldn't fit into my timetable :frown:

My teacher claims we're '3 weeks ahead of schedule' but speaking to the A2's they said they were further ahead of us by this point and only finished the spec 2/3 weeks before exams begun :s-smilie: It's even more worrying as half of the AS's last year got Ds or below.

There are 9 tasks (3 eval, 3 quant, 3 qual) and we've done 1 eval, 2 quants and 2 quals. You only send of your best mark from each, so you send 3 tasks to be moderated.
I'm not doing French, although I wanted to do it but it wouldn't fit into my timetable :frown:

My teacher claims we're '3 weeks ahead of schedule' but speaking to the A2's they said they were further ahead of us by this point and only finished the spec 2/3 weeks before exams begun :s-smilie: It's even more worrying as half of the AS's last year got Ds or below.

There are 9 tasks (3 eval, 3 quant, 3 qual) and we've done 1 eval, 2 quants and 2 quals. You only send of your best mark from each, so you send 3 tasks to be moderated.

I would suggest you speak to your teacher asap (tomorrow perhaps?) and tell him/her what you're worried about. Tell me what your teacher says whenever.

Are you in a sixth form or college? In my sixth form last year, we never managed to finish the whole spec before the exam because there was a mess up regarding which teacher will be teaching which topic and when the lessons will be timetabled. But i left that sixth form anyway, i'm in college now.

I think this might be the reason your class is a bit slow. In my school we only get one shot at each of the three practical tasks

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would suggest you speak to your teacher asap (tomorrow perhaps?) and tell him/her what you're worried about. Tell me what your teacher says whenever.

Are you in a sixth form or college? In my sixth form last year, we never managed to finish the whole spec before the exam because there was a mess up regarding which teacher will be teaching which topic and when the lessons will be timetabled. But i left that sixth form anyway, i'm in college now.

A similar thing happened in our biology department last year with one week to the exam and an entire module hasn't even been taught

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending