AliG123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey guys, I'm about to pick GCSE options, and I want to become a Doctor. Also I am stuck between chhosing RS and Latin (I know RS is a lot easier and latin is more impressive) but im much better at RS. Here they are: Eng lang, Eng lit, triple science, maths, French, history, geography and RS or Latin. I tried to pick 'fasilitating' subjects and ones I enjoy. Help much appreciated.
ak247
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I chose triple science, geography and French. Triple science takes a lot of remembering and revising to do. I find geography easy tbh. French also takes a lot of hard work, but as long as you can revise and remember for controlled assessments.
AliG123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thanks, but our skwl is mandatory to do triple science
ak247
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AliG123)
Thanks, but our skwl is mandatory to do triple science
Awesome I would choose what you're best at tbh, I enjoy sciences and geography
kendellex
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I like the option of triple science. You learn a few extra notes than those doing double award and you get a whole extra GCSE. I would pick RS! I actually enjoyed it (I only did short course however) but loads of people who did full really liked it as well. There is a lot to learn but you can have a lot of debates!

Posted from TSR Mobile
michaelhaych
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It REALLY doesn't matter what GCSEs you do; just get all As and A*s and choose good A levels
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Pick RS. I hated RS but now I don't like Latin even though I am doing it. The language side bores me, and the literature is interesting but hard. Lots of people feel the same way in my class. It's hard to keep people interested in. If you study medicine then you will learn the Latin terms you need. Wouldn't you rather get a better mark at something you like? Hope I helped!

Posted from TSR Mobile
shiva300
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
if I were you I'd pick RS as it's easier and you're already doing a language also you're more likely to get a decent grade in RS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Black Rose
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Report 7 years ago
Hey guys, I'm about to pick GCSE options, and I want to become a Doctor. Also I am stuck between chhosing RS and Latin (I know RS is a lot easier and latin is more impressive) but im much better at RS. Here they are: Eng lang, Eng lit, triple science, maths, French, history, geography and RS or Latin. I tried to pick 'fasilitating' subjects and ones I enjoy. Help much appreciated.
I think your subjects are really good already, another language would be impressive :yep: + harder (more work) but you find RS easier and are better at it? In that case I think its up to you really. If you honestly cannot choose, I'd suggest choose at random.

Hope to see you in the Curent Year 9 thread You can discuss choosing options with others like you.
ManicsGirl97
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I did Latin GCSE and loved it, so much so that I'm now doing it for A-Level Both Latin and RS would be greatly respected if you were a doctor, the former for all the medicine terminology, and the latter for its humanitarian study of morals and ethics. Do what you enjoy most though! If you don't, you'll just become miserable.
GeorgeLawson
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi, personally I think if you want to study medicine Latin would be best universities find it impressive for medical students and it's considerably more relevant than RS - I did RS for GCSE and carried it on for my A Levels, and although it is very enjoyable, it may not be as beneficial. And just to let you know, while I was doing GCSEs weren't told how important they were, especially for medicine - universities look at them just as much as A Level results - hope that's a little helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (77)
29.5%
No (184)
70.5%

Watched Threads