The Student Room Group

Start and End Dates - Please Help!

When I go to enter the start and end dates of my course, it says that my uni has already done so, but it's come up as September 2014 - August 2017. My course doesn't start until October and I'm not really sure about the August bit to be honest. Do I leave it as it is? It's for Cambridge if that helps; they seem to have a weird system with the lengths of their terms which is confusing me even more. Sorry if this has been asked or if it's a stupid question!
Reply 1
Original post by SixteenHundred
When I go to enter the start and end dates of my course, it says that my uni has already done so, but it's come up as September 2014 - August 2017. My course doesn't start until October and I'm not really sure about the August bit to be honest. Do I leave it as it is? It's for Cambridge if that helps; they seem to have a weird system with the lengths of their terms which is confusing me even more. Sorry if this has been asked or if it's a stupid question!

You can just leave it as it is. October and September start dates are classed as basically the same although the end date can't be august for a course starting in sept/oct - it would be defaulted to June/July but you don't need to worry
Original post by SixteenHundred

Most universities start either Sept 30th / Oct 1st. So it doesn't really matter about the start date. The end date is the date your degree will end - which is correct 2017. It states August, as this is around the time you receive your results, and will no longer be a student.
Thank you both! I submitted it today sotthat's it done for now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending