The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

University of the Arts London 2014 applicants

Hey so I've recently been offered a place to study Media Communication at UAL's LCC, and I wanted to make an applicant forum for students going in their first year in September 2014 as I haven't seen any of these about yet. I also wanted to see who else have been offered a place and are interested in attending!
--
Connect to UAL here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've applied to fashion management

Posted from TSR Mobile
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Just so people know, UAL is very experimental <3 , I am currently studying here (ual).
i've just been accepted onto the BA Hons Advertising at LCC :smile: 2nd year though! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by emmarobertson
i've just been accepted onto the BA Hons Advertising at LCC :smile: 2nd year though! :smile:

Hello emma, can I ask how long it takes to hear back after interview?

(I had interview for photography on tuesday. Some people tell to me that they takes from 1 to 3 weeks.)

Thanks a lot!
Reply 5

What do you think the best halls are?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by parmar27
What do you think the best halls are?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I either wanna live at Woodland Court or Will Wyatt Court because they're close to Camden and I love Camden! Being slightly further away from LCC doesn't bother me seeing as my course is 80% independent learning anyway! Probably swaying more to Woodland Court simply because it has a bigger bed haha!
Original post by margaretgi
Hello emma, can I ask how long it takes to hear back after interview?

(I had interview for photography on tuesday. Some people tell to me that they takes from 1 to 3 weeks.)

Thanks a lot!

Helloooo :smile: I have no idea, as I didn't have an interview! I do a foundation degree in Devon at the moment and I'm going into Year 2 at LCC. I actually briefly spoke to the course leader in November when I was in London and she offered me a place on the spot after seeing some of my work! However I still had to formally apply through UCAS but received my conditional offer (condition that I finish my FdA) about a week after I applied :smile: add me on Facebook, it will be good to get to know people going!!
https://www.facebook.com/emma.robertson.5492216

xx
Reply 8
Helloooo :smile: I have no idea, as I didn't have an interview! I do a foundation degree in Devon at the moment and I'm going into Year 2 at LCC. I actually briefly spoke to the course leader in November when I was in London and she offered me a place on the spot after seeing some of my work! However I still had to formally apply through UCAS but received my conditional offer (condition that I finish my FdA) about a week after I applied :smile: add me on Facebook, it will be good to get to know people going!!
https://www.facebook.com/emma.robertson.5492216

xx

Thanks a Lot!

I think I'll have to wait 3 weeks to know something!
Congratulations for your offer!
Reply 9
Applied for Journalism at UAL, have an interview next week :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by JordzLFC
Applied for Journalism at UAL, have an interview next week :smile:

Me too!
Reply 11
Original post by biffa
Me too!

Good luck! Only problem I have with UAL is the accommodation is extremely steep, but that's London I suppose!
Reply 12
Ill be starting at LCC photography 1st year :biggrin:
Original post by auke91
Ill be starting at LCC photography 1st year :biggrin:
hey, have you got an offer? Congratulation! Please, let me know how much do you wait after the interview to get the result, please! :smile:)
Reply 14
All the unis that i applied for were with UAL. i attended an interview for camberwell college of arts on a tuesday and i found out the saturday (conditional offer that i pass my foundation dip) i had an interview with LCC on a tuesday swell and i got a conditional that i get a merit. i applied for LCF but declinced the interview as i wanted to go to LCC :biggrin: i have been estimated a dist for my course so am all good to go :biggrin:
I just got accepted to Fashion Management. Still have an interview for Foundation Year though..
Reply 16
Is there anybody having a Skype interview? I couldn't fly to London so I asked them for one, they accepted it but I haven't heard anything yet. :{
I've applied to LCC and Camberwell for Photography.
Reply 17
I've been offered a place at Camberwell to study BA Drawing. Has anyone else applied for this course? I have an interview at Chelsea for BA Fine art , and I'm still waiting to hear back from Goldsmiths for BA Fine art, which is probably my first choice (but probably the most competitive apart from The Slade)!
Reply 18
Original post by omifeeney
I've been offered a place at Camberwell to study BA Drawing. Has anyone else applied for this course? I have an interview at Chelsea for BA Fine art , and I'm still waiting to hear back from Goldsmiths for BA Fine art, which is probably my first choice (but probably the most competitive apart from The Slade)!

Congratulations for your offer ! :smile: (camberwell must be a beautiful place)
How many days after you submitted your portfolio did you get the offer?
Reply 19
Original post by kotakota
Congratulations for your offer ! :smile: (camberwell must be a beautiful place)
How many days after you submitted your portfolio did you get the offer?

Thank you! I live in an area in north east London and have never really been south but it looks similar to where I live, a few people have said it's really nice

They didn't ask for an online portfolio, so I had an interview/portfolio review on the 5th Feb, and got a notification via UCAS on the 12th saying I had an offer. But I have a friend who studies there and she didn't hear back for a month after her interview, so I think it really varies!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending