Hello, my name is Razbeary!

Watch this thread
Razbeary
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I'm studying... A-Levels

I'm interested in... Studying as an external candidate from Ireland.
Pickles
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Razbeary)
I'm studying... A-Levels

I'm interested in... Studying as an external candidate from Ireland.
Hey there Razbeary!

Cool - what A-Levels are you currently studying? Have you had a chance to check out the A-Level Forum? If not, then check it out and look for the subjects that you are studying! Take a look and let me know what you think

Please get in touch if you have any questions! For now, Welcome to The Student Room :yay:
p.thayaparan
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I am doing alevels too. If u have any questions on the subjects please dont hesitate to contact me. Good luck for exams!!!!!
Razbeary
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Thank you for the warm welcome Captain P and thanyaparan.

I intend to study Maths, Further Mathematics and two other subjects I haven't quite decided yet.
I was hoping to do Physics but it appears I require to do coursework which wouldn't be really possible as a private candidate.

I have a lot of questions. Thanks for pointing me to the right forum!

A-Levels are completely new to me. I wish to take them in 2015 and start my journey now. I'm very enthusiastic about this.
I'm 21 and I have a job and my life is in almost perfect order. So I wish to take advantage of this clear opportunity and study A-Levels at home, which appeal to me much more than the Irish LC.

I do not understand the structure of A-Levels at all. That's what I intend to find out all about first. For example, what are AS and A2 grades? What constitutes an A-Level?
p.thayaparan
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Razbeary)
Thank you for the warm welcome Captain P and thanyaparan.

I intend to study Maths, Further Mathematics and two other subjects I haven't quite decided yet.
I was hoping to do Physics but it appears I require to do coursework which wouldn't be really possible as a private candidate.

I have a lot of questions. Thanks for pointing me to the right forum!

A-Levels are completely new to me. I wish to take them in 2015 and start my journey now. I'm very enthusiastic about this.
I'm 21 and I have a job and my life is in almost perfect order. So I wish to take advantage of this clear opportunity and study A-Levels at home, which appeal to me much more than the Irish LC.

I do not understand the structure of A-Levels at all. That's what I intend to find out all about first. For example, what are AS and A2 grades? What constitutes an A-Level?
Alevels edexcel board i am doing. i also do private. the thing is alevels r 2 years. but u can do AS & A2 at one sitting if u wish and r really prepared. u can take little by little also if u find it hard. maths BIO AND CHEMISTRY ARE 6 papers, (depends on each subjects taken only now on may/june session). 3 papers for AS Level per subject. Once ur done with the subject its really good. many students tell physics is hard. i dropped it as well maths is farway better. if u r good u can do. u can browse the past papers and mark skemes on the edexcel website.U can get a clear idea on the edexcel website on the qualifications page GCE alevels from 2008 and International Alevels from 2013.Thats the new syllabus for edexcel, but past papers questions and paper models r similar. no need to worry. u can do. u can do little by liitle doing few few units each exam session as u r also going to work and have to learn.u can stretch to a minmum of 3 years. but unis refer results sat on one sitting. For work places only good results r required. u have to have lot of time.tc.study well. ask if u have more queries. no worries. i hope your doubts are cleared. www.edexcel.com
A2 also papers per subject. if u learn as and a2 together u can do all at once too. for u it might be definitely better to do alevels as its better and more recognised worldwide.
grade boundaries for subjects differs every year cos it depends on the students capability. The grades are from A* A B C D E U
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (146)
42.2%
Not yet, but I will soon (63)
18.21%
No (137)
39.6%

Watched Threads