The Student Room Group
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe

Audio & Music Production and music scene

Hey guys,

I have a conditional offer for the Audio & Music Production course along with 3 other similar courses at different unis. Excited!

Firstly, is anyone else also considering this course at Bucks? Secondly, is anyone able to give any insight in to the course and also the music scene in the surrounding area? Obviously those two factors will be very important - Also, do they have applicant days? Can't find any info - will ring if no response on this :smile:

I look forward to any responses!
Original post by defhauss
Hey guys,

I have a conditional offer for the Audio & Music Production course along with 3 other similar courses at different unis. Excited!

Firstly, is anyone else also considering this course at Bucks? Secondly, is anyone able to give any insight in to the course and also the music scene in the surrounding area? Obviously those two factors will be very important - Also, do they have applicant days? Can't find any info - will ring if no response on this :smile:

I look forward to any responses!

Firstly, well done on your offer with us! We think you'll really enjoy coming to study with us. We have loads of opportunities for students, including our in-house record label and being taught by industry professionals. We also have state of the art recording studios that you'll use alongside in house editing suites.

We are also very proud of our Student's Union and the acts that come to perform - if you click here you can see our calendar of events. And if you want something more, London is only half an hour away by direct train.

We do have an applicant day coming up on Wednesday 19th March - if you want to reserve a place then just drop a quick email to [email protected].

If you need any more information, then please give us a call on 0800 0565 660 and we'll be happy to chat to you about the course.
(edited 10 years ago)
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe
Reply 2
The music scene here is pretty good. Scorpios hosts a whole load of local bands and acts from all sorts of genres. The students union also has a wide range of gigs put on by alternator Gigs and recently we've had Skindred, Newton Faulkner. As well as being about 30 minutes away by train to wenmbely arena we're alot of massive bands play and also there's a tube link from uxbridge that will get you to the 02 Arena in london.

You can see the types of events that go one by regularly looking at the whats on page of the SU: http://bucksstudentsunion.org/events/
And you can also see what local shows and events Alternator Gigs is putting on here http://www.alternatorgigs.co.uk/Alternator_Gigs/Welcome.html

Good luck for september! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest