The Student Room Group

Friendship group issue

Need a bit of advice:

I was fortunate to have a group of friends whom I still keep in touch still since we all graduated from uni 4 years ago. But, I feel like I am outgrowing the group over the years because of a girl who I really dislike and am reluctant to let go.

This girl, lets call her M, only joined the group later during 2nd year at university when she started dating one of my friends. Since then, she has basically sort of took over the group and have been calling the shots, leaving me feeling side tracked. I admit initially I was slightly annoyed because I sort of got everyone together in first year, and someone else has taken over my role. I have however accepted it, and tried my best to like her. But I keep feeling she is constantly trying to undermine me, which is making me enjoying our group gatherings less and less whenever she's around, which is most of the time. I'm beginning to wonder if I should stop bothering, and just bow out of the group.It would be a shame since they have been my main group of friends for the last 7 years.

What would you do in my situation?
Reply 1
i would move on. contrary to what you often read on here uni is not necessarily where you meet your lifelong friends. it might be, but it might not. there is no rule that you have to stay in touch with your uni mates.
lol m8

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending