The Student Room Group

Sensitive urethra/ clitoris weeks after UTI

I had my first UTI 2 months ago, the pain/ infection cleared after a few days but I was left with this irritated and sensitive feeling on and just below my clitoris. Then I had another UTI a couple of weeks back, again the symptoms went away in a few days but I've still got this irritated feeling. It's so annoying and it's really getting me down that I haven't felt normal down there in over 2 months. Has anyone experienced anything similar? I've gone to the doctors and taken antibiotics on both occasions, and they said it was just a normal bacterial infection but I don't know if it's normal to still feel constantly irritated.
Have you changed any body washes or washing powder etc recently?
As if antibiotics havent cleaned it up you need to have an examination if you still dont feel okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I had my first UTI 2 months ago, the pain/ infection cleared after a few days but I was left with this irritated and sensitive feeling on and just below my clitoris. Then I had another UTI a couple of weeks back, again the symptoms went away in a few days but I've still got this irritated feeling. It's so annoying and it's really getting me down that I haven't felt normal down there in over 2 months. Has anyone experienced anything similar? I've gone to the doctors and taken antibiotics on both occasions, and they said it was just a normal bacterial infection but I don't know if it's normal to still feel constantly irritated.

I wish there was an answer to this cuz I just had my first UTI 1.5 months ago and I’m still suffering from the sensitivity and that feeling of urgency while I’m peeing and after I stop peeing. I thought I was getting UTIs over and over but they’ve tested me and it’s not another infection. I just turned 35 and I’m no longer sexually active because I’ve been so worried about this.

Quick Reply

Latest