The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

non, mais j'apprends la langue depuis 7 ans, et aussi je visite l'hexagone presque toutes les annees. je parle pas couramment mais, en revanche, c'est pas tellement difficile a comprendre beaucoup de choses en france (c'est ma siege la, par exemple) et aussi les francais essaient a vous comprendre.

now i just need to wait for a fluent french person to correct me.. i have never been fantastic at correcting myself, or avoiding silly mistakes
fine crystal
non, mais j'apprends la langue depuis 7 ans, et aussi je visite l'hexagone presque toutes les annees. je parle pas couramment mais, en revanche, c'est pas tellement difficile a comprendre beaucoup de choses en france (c'est ma siege la, par exemple) et aussi les francais essaient a vous comprendre.

De. :redface:

Edit: je crois que "chaque année" sonne mieux que "toutes les années" - cf. "I visit France every year" / "I visit France all years".

matt@internet
But with whom ... you?
Was bedeutet "redest"? Ich wissen Rede(-n) bedeutens "speech".

Does "redest" mean speak?

But with whom do you speak? Is that what you are trying to say?

Trying? :p: Yeah, that's what I said. (First person singular present of 'wissen', please? And third person of bedeuten (rather than just adding an English -s onto the infinitive :p:)? :eek:)
generalebriety

Trying? :p: Yeah, that's what I said. (First person singular present of 'wissen', please? And third person of bedeuten (rather than just adding an English -s onto the infinitive :p:)? :eek:)

I was just getting words out of a dictionary. I have no idea what you mean first person singular present of 'wissen' and third person of bedeuten :biggrin:. Infinitive :confused:?
matt@internet
I was just getting words out of a dictionary. I have no idea what you mean first person singular present of 'wissen' and third person of bedeuten :biggrin:. Infinitive :confused:?

Well, it's just that you found the word "bedeuten" = "mean" and appear to have just stuck an "s" on the end hoping you'll get the word "means". :p: If all languages were exactly the same as English in that respect, they'd be English. :biggrin:
generalebriety
Well, it's just that you found the word "bedeuten" = "mean" and appear to have just stuck an "s" on the end hoping you'll get the word "means". :p: If all languages were exactly the same as English in that respect, they'd be English. :biggrin:

i wish :smile:
Reply 45
A-level isn't enough to make you fluent

looks like you have plenty of help already but if you want any more, let me know
worldwide
A-level isn't enough to make you fluent

looks like you have plenty of help already but if you want any more, let me know

it cna be if yo have a great teacher, i'm at that level, and i'm on the way now... only because she was french though! That is a necessity!
Reply 47
Je plains l'imbécile qui parle français
Mad Vlad
Je plains l'imbécile qui parle français

quoi les personnes sont stupides qui parlent le francais :tongue:
Reply 49
jokeroid
I learnt French at GCSE for 4 years. Was a right headache. Especially the coursework. I'm pretty crap. Here goes -

my direct translation of the post by "PI" (no strings attached -of the top of my head):

we didn't use an article after the verb "to speak" when the object is the name of the language. e.g. I speak french.

But if there are a word for "speak" and the language, for example 'couramment', we used the article; I speak french couramment.

Don't know what courament is. Basically word for word translation is what I did for 4 years!!!

It means "fluently".
Reply 50
Pienso que el idioma de espana es meyor del idioma de frances porque espana es facil de entiendo distinto el frances
Reply 51
unfinished sympathy
it cna be if yo have a great teacher, i'm at that level, and i'm on the way now... only because she was french though! That is a necessity!

Vraiment? J'aii trouvé que les professeurs qui essaient d'enseigner leur langue maternelle sont beaucoup plus pire que ceux qui sont anglais. Il me semble qu'ils ont des difficultés en expliquant certaines règles grammatiques, par exemple.
Reply 52
yes I speak French just a little less than fluently. I've just spent a year at uni in Bordeaux, and I go back in twelve months time, when hopefully I will be able to perfect my French.
Reply 53
determind_1
Pienso que el idioma de espana es meyor del idioma de frances porque espana es facil de entiendo distinto el frances

Point proven. I've never had a Spanish lesson but I understood perfectly what that says.

I'm taking up Spanish this year mind.
J’ai déménagé en France, il y a trois semaine. J’irai à l’université en septembre pour l’étudier avec le russe. J’aimerais parler français couramment, et mes trois semaines ici m’ont aidé, mais je ne dirais pas que je parle comme ça. Sans problème, oui, mais il y a toujours les mots ou phrase qui m’échappent. Mais ce que je trouve est que d’être en France, on comprend les situations potentielles et les choses que quelqu’un dirait, plus simplement, ce qui est plus probable ou qui a de fortes chances d’arriver. Si l’on étudie seulement avec des livres, on n’apprécierait jamais l’art d’attente. Pour moi c’est la différence entre parlant couramment et pas. L’expérience est essentielle.

Ce n’est que mon avis !
Reply 55
t'habites en France?
Dans une ville/village près de Carcassone, il s’appelle Montréal [Moh-Ray-AL]. L’accent ici est fou ! et je l’adopte ! eek !
Reply 57
determind_1

I haven't done Spanish before but I understand all of that! Even though I have never done Spanish before, I used to translate their Spanish homework for my friends.:biggrin: I should really take up Spanish- for other reasons as well as the afore mentioned.
Reply 58
wesetters
Je trouve qu'on doit avoir les deux, car les vrais Français parlent mieux que les Anglais, mais, ouais, les profs anglais sont souvent mieux pour le grammaire.

L'année prochaine, pour mes cours Français, j'aurai tous les deux: un professur qui est Anglaise et un professeur qui est Française.
Reply 59
wesetters
L'année dernière, j'ai eu trois profs français et un Anglais.

:eek: Vraiment? Vous avez quatre professeurs pour le français?

Latest

Trending

Trending