The Student Room Group

Getting into an 18 rated film?

Hey,

Me and a friend are looking at going to see The Wolf of Wall street soon at an Odeon cinema. The problem is however we're 16 so we're a little worried we won't get in buying the tickets up front.

Would it be better to pre-book the tickets online and just face the ushers or to just buy the ticket at the desk?

Also how often do cinemas check for ID, particularly at Odeon cinemas?
Reply 1
Its pretty slack generally.
Reply 2
Yes pre-book.. They'll no doubt ask you at the counter where as if you rush past the usher they'll only check the ticket.
I look quite young for my age (even though I'm actually 18), and I didn't get asked for ID, just my date of birth. So clearly it's not too strict and they won't know if you lie :tongue:

It's a great film so I hope you do get to see it :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
At 15 my friends and I went and saw sweeney todd which was an 18. We got my friends 24 year old sister to buy us the tickets the day before so we only had to show them at the entrance to the screen, they raised their eyebrows, asked us how old we were and when we replied 18 they let us in no problem
Grow a beard. Works for me.
I guess it depends on the cinema. I live in London and always get asked for ID at the Odeon I go to, even if it is only a 15 rated film.
Go in the evening and you'll be fine :smile: I went with 3 mates, we're all 17 and only I look 18+ but we weren't asked cause it was 9pm on a school night :wink:
Reply 8
Never heard of cinemas being busted for not policing this tightly so probably lax - who really cares. This said, one of my mates did get turned away by a stroppy usher when he was 17 and didn't show ID, so it can happen.
I went to see it with a mate and we weren't ided.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending